This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Alright Badgers, raise your hand if you are in need of a haircut. Now, raise your hand if you do not have a ton of money to blow on said haircut. I’m going to assume you all raised your hands and let you in on a little secret: Kylei Shea Styles.

I have heard from countless friends and peers that there are no good places to get your hair cut in Madison. Either they’re too scared to try Aveda (too many horror stories) or they can’t afford one of the ridiculously expensive salons.

Well, look no further. Kylei Shea Styles is the perfect balance of high-end services and affordable prices. Located on North Butler Street behind the Capitol, Kylei Garner sets up shop in an adorable one-chair room with a relaxing atmosphere. I was immediately welcomed by Kylei and ushered into the chair so she could look at my hair. She asked what look I was going for and (after a majorly relaxing shampoo and conditioning), she made sure to double check the length before starting, which is a small detail, but just shows how committed she is to making sure you walk out with a style you love!

Kylei is incredibly easy to talk to and I automatically felt comfortable with her—not to mention she has great music taste! I’m not going to lie, I was pretty apprehensive about anyone other than my regular hairstylist touching my ~beautiful locks~, but Kylei did an amazing job! I’m in love with the way my hair looks and I’m so glad I decided to go to Kylei for my first hair cut in Madison!

Best of all, her prices are super reasonable! She offers a variety of hair services, as well as waxing services. Hair cuts start at $30, including a wash.

But, lucky for you loyal Her Campus-Wisconsin readers, Kylei is so generously offering $10 off any service for new clients when you mention this article! Check her out on Facebook, or give her a call at 608-572-3189 to make an appointment!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!