Inner Monologue of Studying for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

We all dread the long days we spend in the library as finals week is approaching. I’m sure at this very moment you are procrastinating and have had a few of these thoughts yourself.

1.     “Is it too late to drop out of school and become a playboy bunny?”2.     “I would rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon than read this textbook for another minute.”

3.     “How do I justify watching an episode of Grey’s Anatomy instead?”

4.     “I should probably calculate my grades again so I know the bare minimum I have to do.”5.     “Five more minutes and I can have another snack.”6.     “I really didn’t need to eat that entire bag of chips and three brownies but I deserve it because of this hell I’m currently living in.”

7.     “I should boycott finals because a test is not a good measure of my genius.”

8.     “I really should have done more readings this semester instead of cramming it all in right now.”

9.     “I hope my professor knows that this exam is ruining my life.”

10. “I can’t wait until this is over and I can do hood rat sh*t with my friends”11.  **Checks Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for the 30th time** 12. “ If I was a Kardashian I would never have to deal with this.”13. “I need to marry rich because I am clearly not smart enough to support my online shopping addiction.”14. “I deserve another snack.”15. “I think I just drooled on my book.”

16.  “There is no way I can finish all of this.”

17. “I wonder if I can convince my mom to take me shopping if I do well on these exams.”18. “Who am I kidding, I’m going to fail.”

19. “Maybe I can write a song to help me memorize all of this.”20. “I’m just wondering at what point in my career I won’t be able to use a calculator to do math?”21. “Is it really necessary for this exam to be cumulative? I can’t remember what I had for breakfast much less what I learned two months ago.”22. “There is a special place in hell where you have to write timed essays.”23. “I bet Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana never has to take an exam in her life.”

24. “I’m surprised I’m still functioning because I haven’t slept for more than ten hours in two weeks.” 25. “ My stress level is at 3143345987 and I want my mom.”26. “YOU CAN DO IT!! POWER THROUGH!”27. “Remember, after all of this torture you will get to lay out in the sunshine and someday will be a very successful human.”Stay strong, power through, and get back to studying. 

Her Campus Writer, ice cream enthusiast and future wife of Harry Styles.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!