This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Raising a record $116,000 all together for the Boys and Girls Club of Dane County, Humorology this year was truly a success. Every show was filled with high “Humo energy,” and the amount of money raised for this philanthropy clearly reflected this. While every show brought its own theme, strengths, secret weapons, and energy, it’s always fun to compare and look back on what each show brought to the stage.

Delta Gamma/Sigma Phi Epsilon:

DG and SigEp won funniest show, best male lead, best female vocalist, best dance break, and the first place title-AWESOME. This show truly was awesome; regardless of people’s opinions on the semi-political theme, the acting, dancing, singing, and overall energy of the entire show brought it to a whole new caliber that was almost unmatchable. The theme of their show was based on the company Global Development Industries, or GDI, where the company’s boss attempted to destroy the four elements of the world. The boss’s son eventually joins forces with the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) to save the four elements and help keep the world clean. The singing and a capella in this show were unreal. One of the parts of this show that really stood out was their great staging. Each scene was staged perfectly, and this made for clean and sharp dance numbers. The overall entertaining nature, amazing dance break, and energy of this entire show made it one to remember, and they truly did deserve their first place title. Congrats DG/SigEP, you deserved it!

Alpha Epsilon Phi/Pi Kappa Alpha, Psi Upsilon, Phi Beta Sigma

Winning best choreography and most spirited and funniest female, this show definitely deserved their second place title. Their show contained great dance numbers, spirited Humo stars, and a lot of jokes that were perfect for the audience. What stood out about this show most was its funny and relatable theme. This show’s plot was based in the ocean and tells the tale of an oil spill and the main characters’ adventures to make the ocean a safe place again. The use of jokes and themes from both “Finding Nemo” and SpongeBob,” along with the stellar acting, really hit home and made the show hilarious. “Finding Nemo” and “Spongebob” quotes were on point on Greek Night with a “90’s kids” crowd. I laughed at every single Spongebob quote and Dori was hilarious. The dance break was amazing, and the energy throughout the entire show was truly impressive. I was also very impressed with their costumes. Well earned second place title…you guys killed it.

Kappa Kappa Gamma/Chi Psi, Delta Tau Delta, Alpha Gamma Rho

This show took home the awards of best vocals, funniest male lead, and the third place title. It was full of lots of great energy with a cute theme that was easy to follow. The show had great acting and funny jokes that kept the audience entertained. The plot of the show is based on “Third Street Elementary School” and elementary grade rivalries are brought out as the case of a missing lunch box unfolds. The characters were lively and funny, and the Humo faces were on point. Dance break was not only funny but BOMB. The acting was the most impressive portion of this show, and characterization was shown in both dance numbers and the songs. Well deserved third place title-made me laugh and brought me back to childhood!

Gamma Phi Beta/Phi Gamma Delta

Gamma Phi and Fiji came to play with their singing and Humo characterization. Claiming the awards of best female lead and best a capella, Gphi and Fiji’s show exhibited a great deal of talent combined with a great deal of raw Humo energy. This show had a great plot that was entertaining and relatable to its audience. This plot was based on Madison’s campus with a lot of funny and relatable content. With the help of the Ghost Busters, Scooby Doo and the Gang head out looking to solve the mystery of the construction ghost haunting Memorial Union and two missing UW-Madison students. The acting and Humo faces were awesome and really kept the audience engaged. This shows dance break was bada$$ and was truly one of the best in all the Humo show. You killed it Gphi/Fiji- I was thoroughly impressed.

Alpha Phi/Theta Chi

Taking the title of best costumes, best set, and best directing team, this show brought a LOT to the table. The plot was fun, upbeat, and kept the audience engaged while wanting more. The show’s main characters were cereal icons, and the jokes made were hilarious and super applicable to any audience member. Aphi and Theta Chi also did a great job at bringing in jokes relevant to what’s going on in the world today. The actors were energetic and talented, and this emanated throughout the show. The set, costumes, and creativity of this show truly made the performance and cast stand out. I was entertained the entire time and loved Alpha Phi Theta Chi’s show. Funny, clever, and well done Aphi/Theta Chi!

Pi Beta Phi/Zeta Beta Tau, Sigma Pi

Earning one of the most important awards for most philanthropic, PiPhi and ZBT raised $2000 for Boys and Girls Club of Dane County-amazing. In addition to this, they received well-deserved awards for best male vocalist, best villain, and best cameo. The plot was based off of Peter Pan leaving Neverland for college and Tinker Bell’s plotting (along with help from the Lost Boys) to bring him back. The setting was never officially described as UW Madison’s campus, but numerous Madison inside jokes not only made this clear, but made the show that much more entertaining. The raw talent of this group was very apparent, and they used this well to make their show even more entertaining. Great Job PiPhi/ZBT, Sig Pi- you raised a ton of money for a great organization and put on a bomb show!

Kappa Alpha Theta/Theta Delta Chi, Acacia, Alpha Sigma Phi

This show earned best use of theme and best large group number. Theta’s show brought a ton of fun upbeat energy to the stage that made their show both fun and exciting to watch. The plot was based on solving the mystery of who robbed the US National Bank. As an audience, we watched as the investigation unfolded including a drunk Santa Clause, a broke Toothfairy and a divorced Boogieman as suspects. The comical twist on fairytale was entertaining and kept the audience intrigued. The singing in this show was also so impressive. Overall, it was a great show with an interesting theme and twist-Props!

All the casts performed with high energy and Humo spirit and raised a great amount of money FOR THE KIDS! Good job Humorology 2015!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!