jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

I’ll tell you when I know.  Just kidding (kind of).   It may seem like a daunting task but it is, nonetheless, possible.  Whether it is love, infatuation, or something in between, time is the solution and several factors help to pass the time. 

First off, you have to make peace with the fact that if he wanted to be with you, he would.  I know what you’re thinking, and I know why you’re thinking it.  It is because of the hordes of excuses he gave you, the empty skeletons of promises to be.  “I’m just so busy right now”, “I can’t be with you… right now”.  Oh, I’m sorry, I did not realize that Thursday, December 10th at 1:15 PM would be any more convenient of a time to be with me than, say, two weeks prior to that.  You have to know that no matter how busy he supposedly is, if a guy genuinely cared about you he would do anything in his power to make it work, regardless of his work conflicts, school schedule, or other events in his life.  He would make you one of his top priorities.

It is also critical to give yourself time to properly heal.  Do not feel as if there is a rush to immediately leap back into the dating world.  After a heartbreak, it is often extremely tempting to rebound with other guys on either a casual or an “I need to be in a relationship with you now” basis.  While the strategy of casual hooking up and/or rebounding with at most lukewarm feelings may work for some girls, it is likely to leave you feeling empty and ultimately unsatisfied.  Proceed at your own risk. 

It definitely also helps to delve into an array of activities, from schoolwork to socializing with friends to joining an extracurricular activity. Trust me, focusing on your own well-being and aspirations is the key element to losing focus on the boy who broke your heart.  

While there is no singular solution to permanently halting romantic feelings, there are certainly actions a girl can take to help the process.  Know your worth and embody the “on to the next one” policy.  Look at your reflection in the mirror, wholeheartedly acknowledge that you are a beautiful soul on the inside and out, and tell yourself that, in time, you will meet a guy who will actually deserve your wonderful essence. 

For more advice, check out these links:

Who’s the Bad Guy in Your Relationship?

How Do I Get Over a Crush?

Looking After Yourself.

My name is Caroline Szachnowski and I am a writer for the Her Campus University of Wisconsin chapter. I am a junior majoring in creative writing and international studies with the aspiration to be a professional writer and/or editor post graduation. My hobbies other than writing include learning and speaking foreign languages, traveling, reading, frequent shopping binges, going to the beach whenever possible, volunteering, and drinking way too much coffee.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!