Wellness

How to Find Energy Without Coffee (Is it Even Possible?)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Hello, my name is (insert your name), and I am a coffee addict.

Most college students, myself included, could easily introduce ourselves that way. If I do not have at least two coffee-based drinks a day, let’s just say things are not pretty. However, coffee is not the best for your health. It can become addictive, can cause problems for your skin, can cause you to store fat, raise blood pressure, and cause insomnia and restlessness. I have recently decided decrease my coffee intake – how will I even survive? Luckily, there are six alternative sources to drinking coffee every day that will boost your energy.

1. Start Exercising

Exercise may not increase your level of energy initially, but long term exercise will increase circulation and improve the heart muscle. Besides, exercise is a great habit to get into. Think of how great you’ll look if you hit the gym instead of drinking that Starbucks latte daily.

2. Eat Healthier

By eating all the necessities and nutrients your body needs to function, you are allowing your body to stay energized all day long. Once again, this healthy life style choice of more natural food is going to make you look and feel so much better.

3. Take Cold Showers

While a cold shower sounds horrible, it will increase your alertness and give you natural energy for the day.

4. Start Having Mini Jam Sessions

What better way to start your morning and increase your energy instantly than jamming to your favorite songs?

5. Eat Chocolate

Chocolate is high in energy and will instantly give you a boost. Now, you have the best excuse to stock up on chocolate.

6. Drink A LOT More Water

Water itself does not give you energy but by keeping your body hydrated, you are allowing your body to function properly and indirectly gain energy.

Though it will probably be difficult, not drinking coffee all the time will be well worth it. In the end, your body will thank you for cutting down on the coffee, and you will feel and look better with the healthier life style. So, sorry coffee, but I, (insert your name), do not need you.

I am a senior at the greatest university— the University of Wisconsin. I am in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, double tracking in reporting and strategic communications and earning a certificate in and Digital Studies. I am a lover of dance, hiking, writing for Her Campus, the Badgers and strawberry acais. I am also a president of Her Campus Wisconsin.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!