How to Cope with Spring Fever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Spring Fever: a feeling of restlessness and excitement felt at the beginning of spring. Can we take a moment to talk about the 70-degree weather in February? Wild. As the weather warms up and the grass becomes greener, the last thing we want to do is study in the library for hours on end; in fact, the last thing we want is be inside at all. Here are four ways to fight off spring fever:

Exercise

Madison, Wisconsin is a beautiful place full of biking and running trails; take advantage of them. Since the snow and ice melted, you really have no excuse to exercise inside.

Darty on the weekends

Do you miss game days? Are you sick of walking from bar to bar in the cold? Well, we attend one of the biggest party schools in the country, so as the weather gets warmer, more people are inclined to go out. Let loose and get your darty on. 

Swap out the library for the terrace

Studying is necessary, especially in these weeks leading up to spring break. Instead of locking yourself in a cage at Memorial Library or spending a sunny day at College Library, try studying on the terrace at the Union.

Have a grill-out

Grab your friends, go grocery shopping, and spend your night outside. One of the things I miss most during the winter is grilling out. Many dorms and apartment complexes have grills outside of them, so you don’t have to go far.

So, as the weather gets warmer, stay motivated, calm and enjoy yourself. Summer will be here before you know it.

Ana Hoff

Wisconsin

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!