Hannah Finds Herself: Girls Season 3

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Let’s start with a thank you to writer, director and actress, Lena Dunham because the last episode from Season 3 of Girls may have been the best ever. With a packed, exciting and tense buildup of major conflicts between the characters, we can finally see something starting to change with our girl Hannah.

Throughout the seasons, we, as the audience, know that Hannah is a straight up narcissist. She turns every situation around to affect her and only cares about her own success. For example, when her publisher dies she is only concerned with the success of her book. Ouch.

But this season, we find that the conflict does not simply have to do with Hannah. It is because of the complicated dynamic between all of the characters. People are moving on with their lives in Season 3 and begin to find out who they really are.

Like…

Marnie, who starts to record her music for real.

Adam, who gets a part on Broadway.

Shoshanna, who finds out she can’t graduate New York University.

And Hannah, who gets into the prestigious Iowa Writers Workshop.

I don’t know about you collegiates, but I cannot wait until Season 4. All individual and major events give the audience a clue into the next season of girls and the struggles they are about to endure to keep their friendships, dignity and self-respect.

Ava Paradise is currently a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Journalism and Mass Communication