Grammys 2014: Best and Worst Dressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The 56th annual Grammy award ceremony took place last night. While there’s no question that guests and nominees strutting the red carpet were highly talented, some of the looks were debatable. Here are some of the best and worst dressed of them all.

Best Dressed

Christine Teigen, Taylor Swift and Ciara dazzled in metallic. Oh, hi baby bump.

Colbie Calliat and Juliana Rancic both rock flower cutout décolletage and high necklines in the best way.

Yes, Anna, yes.

More metallic from Rita Ora but I don’t care, I love it. Her hair, rings and mani are all great too.

Worst

I call this one “bridesmaid’s worst nightmare”. Ariana Grande should do something different with her hair for once. And while the dress isn’t the best, I mostly lose it with the shoes.

Paula Patton and Chrisette Michele’s outfits speak for themselves—and the voice is very loud. Take note of the lions roaring over Paula’s cleav.

Zendaya Coleman and Nadeea Volianova, please explain.

Katy Perry took the theme a little too far.

So for future reference, next time you’re on the red carpet leave the knee high, lace up ankle boots at home, opt for a metallic dress (unless its combined with zebra stripes and mesh) and get your nails done.

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com