This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Let’s face it: while Lululemon may have the most ridiculously comfortable pair of yogas you’ve ever felt (that also make your butt look totally amazing), your college budget may not always allow you to throw down $75-$100 on activewear. I’ll admit that while I love lululemon as much as the next girl, it’s likely just not feasible to build a substantial workout wardrobe on a limited college-girl budget.

For the girl on the go, pieces that can be transitioned from a session at the gym to casual errands, are high in demand. Both runners and mat girls alike are seeking gear that will take them straight from the gym to the street without a change in between. As always, when creating a transitional, multipurpose ensemble, layers are your best friend. Additionally, pieces that boast versatility, flattering fits, and stylish silhouettes are key ingredients to a successful workout-meets-casual-cute ensemble. Need to stock up on some chic essentials without breaking the bank? We’ve got you covered: Here are our 3 favorite brands to stock up on when building your chicest workout wardrobe.

1. Fabletics. Kate Hudson’s new fitness wear line, Fabletics, allows a unique shopping experience online. Begin by taking a fit quiz that determines personalized outfits and pieces based on the type of workouts you love and the types of clothing you feel comfortable wearing. In addition to your handpicked ensembles, you get your first complete outfit (a jacket or top, sports bra, AND legging) for just $25, which is 50% off your entire purchase! Fabletics is reported to have amazing leggings, yogas, and sports bras for a fraction of the cost. Talk about high quality and stylish activewear for an affordable price! In addition to the amazing quality, Fabletics’ pieces are the definition of chic, versatile, and transition-ready from the gym to the streets. Major score.

2. KIAVA. KIAVA is a small, but quickly growing family-owned business based in Utah. Who would have known?! The brand offers affordable gear in unique styles, bold colors, and flattering design. Most notable for their unique tanks, tops, and strappy sports bras, you’ll definitely want to be keeping your eye on this brand. Price standards remain under $40 for every tank or bra they have listed, and that’s certainly something to love. Fun silhouettes and colors make pieces chic and versatile—can it get any better?

3. Forever 21. Forever 21 certainly isn’t a secret to most savvy shoppers. XII is well established in the fashion world as a brand where you can find the hottest season trend for less, but many are recently also starting to pick up on the label’s athletic line, Forever 21 Sport. Like most of F21’s pieces, the brand’s activewear line is the definition of A-F-F-O-R-D-A-B-L-E and A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E. 

From handpicked workout pieces, to unique silhouettes that boast versatility, it’s not hard to find pieces that make athletic chic super cheap. Fabletics, KIAVA, and Forever 21 all boast stylish athletic wear that’s both easy on your wallet, and your schedule. Move over lululemon, you’ve got some serious competition. 

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com