bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

CHAARG Comes to Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

This semester, UW-Madison welcomed a new student organization to campus that gives girls new and fun fitness opportunities. This organization, CHAARG (Changing Health, Attitudes, + Actions to Recreate Girls), aims to “free girls from the elliptical” and help girls learn to love fitness and enjoy working out. CHAARG promotes body positivity and being #inCHAARG – the idea that girls are powerful, that they can command a room, and that they can be amazing because they value and support each other. If you’re looking for some creativity and variety in your workouts, then CHAARG is right up your alley!

Zoe Smith, a sophomore at UW-Madison, brought the organization to campus. The reasoning behind Zoe’s desire to bring CHAARG to campus comes from her love of working out and staying healthy. Zoe says that “CHAARG is something Wisconsin did not know it needed until now” and she “feels so lucky to be an Ambassador and to be the woman to bring this positive women’s movement to campus.” Zoe, an avid ballet dancer of 12 years, planned to pursue a career in ballet until switching to a pre-medicine major. Her decision to bring CHAARG to campus occurred as a result of her relationship with ballet. Zoe felt that she could not find another form of exercise she enjoyed as much as ballet and then she heard about CHAARG and recognized that many girls face this problem.

CHAARG preaches health, wellness, accountability, motivation, and community for all of its members. Girls that join CHAARG will be able to attend innovative workouts every week that help keep them healthy and are a great way to meet friends. CHAARG brings together positive women that encourage a healthy lifestyle of mutual success. Zoe feels grateful that she has the opportunity to work with such an outstanding organization and to inspire girls to attain their fitness goals.

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!