Campus Cutie: Taylor Laabs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Take a look ladies of Madison; boy do I have a treat for you. I caught up with this week’s ‘Campus Cutie’ over some coffee at Starbucks and spoke about anything from Taylor’s ultimate date night to what team logos he sports (other than the Badgers of course).  But, Taylor’s much more than a pretty face. Read on to learn more about this driven and down-to-earth senior.

Name: Taylor Laabs

Hometown: Chanhassen, MN

Major: Double majoring in Journalism and Communication Arts

Year: Senior

Involvement on Campus: On the executive board of the Advertising Club and the Marketing Director of Dish Magazine

Relationship Status: Single

Who is your celebrity crush?

Brittany Snow

Gravitate towards blondes or brunettes?

Weird contradiction considering Brittany Snow is my crush, but I would have to say brunettes.

What’s your biggest pet peeve?

When people aren’t on time.

What’s the first thing you notice about a girl?

Her eyes.

You wouldn’t know by looking at me that…

I love to cook and I cook a lot. I make a great steak and eggs.

What’s your guilty pleasure?

I love all of those remodeling shows on TV. I watch Restaurant Impossible, Bar Rescue, Kitchen Nightmares all of those. I know exactly what’s going to happen they have a formula: things are really bad, they start to fix it, there is one major mishap, but everything turns out amazing in the end. At the end it’s still awesome, still entertaining.

Who gives you the best advice?

My mom. We have a really close relationship and she knows where I’ve been and where I’m at in life.

What was your childhood ambition?

I actually wanted to be a politician. I played sports and all that but I knew I wouldn’t be a professional.

First kiss: memorable or mortifying?

Memorable. It was spring break in Florida and I met this girl. We didn’t know each other that well but it was still romantic. We were in one of those beach cabanas.

Yoga pants or little black dress?

They are so different but both so great. I think I have to go with yoga pants though.

Where can I find you on a typical weekend night?

I usually pregame at home and then move to Chasers. We usually end up at KK or Hatters after that.

What is the perfect date night?

We would start off boating in the afternoon. Maybe go fishing if she is into that sort of thing. Definitely some jet skiing. We would go back and get ready to go to some high-scale suit and tie restaurant. There we would eat some amazing food and drink champagne. After that we would hit a fireside bar or lounge for some drinks, take a walk around the city for a little bit and just see what happens from there.

Biggest turn on?

I like a mixture of intelligence and confidence. I’m drawn to girls who know what they’re talking about and have some drive.

Biggest turn off?

When a girl can’t hold a conversation.

Claim to fame.

I was the main part in my middle school production of Guys and Dolls. That was technically my first kiss but I don’t count it since it was a stage kiss. I wasn’t nervous; I don’t have a problem being up in front of people. I can’t sing well anymore though.

Favorite teams other than the Badgers?

I like the Packers, the Minnesota Twins, and the Chelsea Football Club.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

I see myself at a successful advertising agency in Minneapolis or Chicago. Hopefully I’ll be building a good career. I also see myself having my own apartment in the city and maybe a dog.

How do you feel about being this week’s ‘Campus Cutie’?

It feels great. It’s something to put on the resume.

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com