Campus Celebrity: Samantha Silverman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

For students with low budgets looking to accessorize, an answer to your prayers is here and it’s called Trend Tribe. UW sophomore Samantha Silverman works for the company and discussed its trend factor as well as affordability for college students.

What is Trend Tribe and how did you get involved?

Trend Tribe is an online jewelry company that provides a career launching point for young women.  It has the latest jewelry for a really reasonable price.  Trend Tribe’s team of campus ambassadors, better known as Trendsetters, host trunk shows on-campus to get first-hand experience in fashion while giving back. A portion of trunk show sales are donated to the Trendsetter’s chosen philanthropy. 

Over the summer, I was working at a PR company and my boss recommended I attend a women’s networking event.  The event was run by Levo League.  There, I met founder and CEO Samantha Cooper and applied to be a Trendsetter at UW.  After reading my application and interviewing me, Samantha asked me to join the team as a PR intern.

What is your involvement with the company?

I am a trendsetter at UW and host monthly events.  However, I am also the public relations intern for the company.  I get Trend Tribe placements in different publications as well as influential blogs.  I also help run a variety of giveaways.  My job is basically to spread the word about Trend Tribe and increase brand awareness.

How is the jewelry tailored to college students?

All pieces are under $50.  In fact, most of the pieces are $20 or less! They have a wide range of items that can be added to a professional wardrobe or worn out at night.  Each piece is very unique but still falls in line with the latest trends.  It’s great for formals, dates, interviews, and more!

Do you have any favorite pieces?

My favorite piece is the layered bar necklace.  It is also the first Trend Tribe item I owned.  Now there are many varieties of this necklace that I own and love including the layered v-necklace.

Where can readers find these pieces?

All of the pieces can be found at www.trend-tribe.com and use code “trendtribesamantha” when ordering for free shipping.  The November Capsule Collection will be launching on Monday November 10 so be sure to check out the latest pieces!

Where do you see the future of Trend Tribe?

I think Trend Tribe has a huge future ahead! The company isn’t even a year old yet but has already come such a long way.  I see Trend Tribe becoming a major jewelry retailer.  I also see founder, Samantha Cooper, being a huge influence on many millennial women as she has the right ideas about philanthropy, fashion, experience, and entrepreneurship.  I hope to continue working with Trend Tribe as they grow and to be a part of this growth in so many ways.

To order your own pieces check out www.trend-tribe.com and use the code “TrendTribeSamantha” for free shipping! Instagram: @trendtribesamantha

Hi everybody! I'm Kerry, a freshman at UW-Madison majoring in Journalism with a Digital Studies certificate. I am passionate about writing about all things beauty, love, and many other fascinating facets of life. I'd love for you to join me as I write about my journey through college!
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com