Campus Celebrity: Nicolette Codispoti

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

As if being the president of the sorority Alpha Epsilon Phi was not reason enough for Nicolette Codispoti to be recognized, she has recently received an All Greek Award for “Outstanding Greek Woman.”  Nicolette tells Her Campus about her involvement in Madison’s Greek community, while inspiring others to get involved on campus in any way that they can.  People can tell readers from experience that this Neurobiology major has quite a lot on her plate, yet she is nothing short of a caring, fun, and philanthropic human being.  

How did you get so highly involved in Greek Life?

My passion for the Greek community really started when I joined Humorology my freshman year. Not only was I able to meet so many amazing people, but I also recognized how impactful our community can be when we come together for a common cause. Since this experience, I want to be a part of the Greek community every opportunity I can and I make sure to utilize all of the resources this community has provided me.

What does it mean to you to become president of your chapter, Alpha Epsilon Phi, as well as receiving the award for “Outstanding Greek Woman”?

Being recognized for my contributions to the Greek community has truly been something so special. I have been lucky enough to serve and represent my chapter on a daily basis, while also being recognized for my individual contributions. This recognition has motivated me to strive towards being a better leader and member of the Greek community, and hopefully I will continue to positively impact the community in my remaining time in Madison.

How would you like to influence Greek Life at UW-Madison with your new titles?

I would love to encourage everyone to get as involved as they possibly can in the Greek community during their time in college. There is no better feeling than walking down Langdon and being able to say hi to nearly everyone that walks past you. It has been a life changing experience for me, and I have met some of my best friends that I will have for a lifetime.

Codispoti and AEPhi’s Philanthropy chairs pictured with the infamous UW-Madison football players at their latest philanthropic event. 

How else would you describe your campus involvement?

Although I am consistently participating in nearly every Greek activity, I feel that my Greek involvement extends to the entire University of Wisconsin-Madison student body as a whole. I am always wearing my letters and always representing Alpha Epsilon Phi and the Greek community in a positive light. I am always talking about our philanthropic contributions, positive relationships, and dedication to our chapters. Whether it’s telling everyone in my science class that I am a “sorority girl” or just holding the door open for someone while wearing my AEPhi shirt, being a part of the Greek community is something to truly be proud of and I continuously make an effort to display that on a daily basis.

What would you tell other ambitious undergrads about balancing all of their hopes and accomplishments?

“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” –Walt Disney

Hi everybody! I'm Kerry, a freshman at UW-Madison majoring in Journalism with a Digital Studies certificate. I am passionate about writing about all things beauty, love, and many other fascinating facets of life. I'd love for you to join me as I write about my journey through college!
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com