Campus Celebrity: Maddie Eckle & Deirdre O’Donoghue

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

As I sat down to write the introductions for the new leaders of Her Campus Wisconsin, I couldn’t help but reflect on my past three years as Editor in Chief. We had very humble beginnings and I cannot believe the amount of success our team has had as one of the top ten most read chapters in the country. I’m sad to leave behind this amazing team, but I am so excited to see what sophomores Deirdre O’Donoghue and Maddie Eckle have in store as the next Campus Correspondents for Her Campus Wisconsin. Let’s find out a little more about them and what they are looking forward to as they take over the team next semester.

1. Name, Year, Major, Involvement

Madison Eckle

Sophomore

Communication Sciences and Disorders and English Linguistics

Her Campus, McBurney Speaker’s Bureau, Theatre House Manager, Suite Attendant at Camp Randall and the Kohl Center. 

Deirdre O’Donoghue

Sophomore

School of Journalism and Mass Communication- Strategic Communication

HER CAMPUS!! Special Olympics and Gamma Phi Beta

2. What do you love about Her Campus?

Maddie: Over the last two years, my favorite part of Her Campus has yet to change; I love the ability to write about anything your heart desires. Are you annoyed with your roommate? Rant about it for our blog. Super confused on the right eyeshadow for your eye color? Go buy a ton of e.l.f. products for $1 and go crazy… then write an article on it. I also love Her Campus’ ability to give women the right to be girlie and fun, yet a powerful voice around campuses everywhere.

Deirdre: Love the people and the experience I receive.

3. What are you most excited about for the future of Her Campus

Maddie: Deirdre and I have tons of ideas for the future for HC Wisco. We are going to add photographer positions and I think that will really help with the look, style, and readability of our articles. Deirdre and I have been meeting and discussing the future of HC Wisco and we cannot wait to work on expanding the wonderful chapter we already have! 

Deirdre: I am excited about the rapid growth the Her Campus Wisconsin chapter has had these past few years and I am ecstatic about taking over the responsibility next year with Maddie. We have so many ideas and can’t wait to work with all the writers to continue the amazing successful we have had. 

4. Dream Job?

Maddie: Anna Wintour’s life, basically.

Deirdre: Giuliana Rancic

5. If you ever had the chance to interview a real celebrity who would it be and why?

Maddie: Julia Roberts. I admire her presence as a strong woman. Also, she’s one of the security questions for my bank account so I’m slightly obsessed.

Deirdre: Jimmy Fallon because then maybe he’d invite me onto his show.

6. What’s your favorite holiday tradition?

Maddie: We make gingerbread houses!

Deirdre: Eating…is that a tradition?

7. What’s your favorite holiday movie?

Maddie: any of those old clay-mations.

Deirdre: Elf… no doubt. 

8. Why should people join Her Campus?

Deirdre: Because it’s the #1 global community for college women, and a way to write about relevant things.

Maddie: ^Deirdre is always right.

9. Celeb crush?

Maddie: Justin Timberlake… ugh, perfection.

Deirdre: David Beckham or anyone with a man bun

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com