alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Best Summer Smoothies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

If you are like me in the summer, there’s nothing better than soaking up the sun with a drink in hand. Smoothies are a perfect way to get those fruit and veggies in your daily diet while also standing in for dessert when you are most craving it in the summer heat.  These smoothies will go perfect with any activity you are doing this season and will make your days even brighter and tastier than ever before.

Fruit and Oat Smoothie

This smoothie combines all the essentials to create a grab-and-go fruit smoothie. With the almonds and oats, it should fill you up too!

Recipe:

• 1 cup quartered strawberries
  • 1 sliced banana
  • 1/4 cup raw almonds
  • 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
  • 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon maple syrup

Orange Push-Up Smoothie

When I was younger I absolutely loved the orange pushups that I would find at the grocery store or gas station. If you want a drink that will take you back, you are in luck because this incredibly simple smoothie tastes just like that!

Recipe:

• Orange Mango Concentrate
  • Ice
  • Freeze it or enjoy it smoothie style!

Strawberry, Mango and Yogurt Smoothie

This smoothie has you feeling tropical, even if you are sitting at your internship or summer job wishing for a vacation.

Recipe:

• 1 1/4 cups apple juice
  • 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
  • 2 cups fresh or frozen mango chunks

Orange Juice Smoothie

This refreshing blend of strawberries, orange juice and a few other things is a sweet treat for the summer heat!

Recipe:

• 1 cup Orange Juice
  • 1 cup milk
  • 12 ice cubes
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • ⅛ cup sugar (optional)
  • ½ cup water
  • ½ cup strawberries

Raspberry Coconut Smoothie

This smoothie has tastes from the raspberry bushes as well as a little taste of coconut for a little bit of an exotic flavor. This smoothie is perfect for those counting calories with only 159 total!

Recipe:

• 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (no sugar added) or 3/4 cup fresh raspberries.
  • 2 tablespoons water (optional)
  • 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup

I would highly recommend any of these smoothies for a healthy, delicious and easy-to-make snack this summer!

Found on Pinterest and Martha Stewart websites

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!