This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

It was a top-trending twitter topic during the 2015 Oscars, but what does it mean?

You know how reporters schmooze and suck up to all the fab-dressed ladies working the red carpet? The first question they usually ask is, “Who are you wearing?” and then continue on with their girl-flirting.  What would happen if reporters asked these talented women more?

At last year’s SAG Awards, Cate Blanchett asked reporters, “Do you do this to the guys?” as a camera panned up her body to film her dress. For about a year now, the Representation Project, a non-profit that hopes to overcome sexism through film, has worked on a campaign to encourage reporters to ask women more substantial questions.

Funny woman Amy Poehler and her Smart Girls Twitter account provided a slew of potential questions for reporters to ask.

What did you character teach you?

What else would you like to achieve in your career?

Julianne Moore took the opportunity of reporters asking her more on the Oscar carpet to bring attention to Alzheimer’s. Laura Dern talked about lung cancer awareness.

This isn’t to say women don’t like talking about fashion and beauty or that no one wants to hear about it, because I sure do. But I also want to know more about the talented women behind the pretty dresses, and I know you do too.

Reese Witherspoon said it best in an Instagram post:

P.S. You HAVE to watch Anne Hathaway and ScarJo shut down these reporters’ questions.

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!