9 Instagram Captions that Need to Stop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

As someone that lives by the motto “your Instagram is only as good as your caption,” I believe it’s important to point out some seriously overused captions that need to stop.

1.     But first, let me take a #selfie

Embrace your#selfie, you don’t need to validate it with this caption.

2.     Drunk in love

Usually attached with a picture of you and your best friend drinking/partying.

Pay homage to Queen Bey always, but let’s put this one to rest until the song is officially considered a throwback.

3.     Formal/dinner/game day/ANY event with this boy

Pretending you don’t know your boyfriend by captioning a photo referring to him as “this guy/this boy” or “just this guy I kind of like.”

4.     What the FAC

A UW-Madison exclusive: the ‘Friday After Class’ Instagram photo-op caption.

This is witty, and it’s unfortunate that I need to put it on this list. You really can have too much of a good thing.

5.     The birthday paragraph

You didn’t know Instagram let you enter this many characters into a caption until you saw your first birthday Instagram paragraph post on your feed. This is endearing, but may be better for a Facebook wall post.

6.     #nonewfriends

People are still quoting, hashtagging this Drake lyric as if the song didn’t come out almost a year ago. But with that being said, it’s another one I hate to love…

7.     Turn down for what

Turn down for this overused caption.

8.     No caption necessary

Then why’d you just caption it?!

9.     Spring Break Diet

Or any variety of “diet” in a caption on a picture of some really fattening food. Girls, we know we love to do this.

*Disclaimer: I may or may not be a culprit of using most or all of these…