8 Things Beyoncé Should Name Her Twins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

By now if you even remotely check out the internet, you’ve heard that the goddess herself, Beyoncé, is pregnant. Her glamorous photo shoot not only announced the news but also gave us the crazy news that not only is there one little protégé in there, BUT TWO. In a slump of some pretty awful stuff on in our world today, this news has been the best of 2017 so far and just what we needed to remember that not everything is going downhill right now. After Beyoncé and Jay Z’s adorable first addition to their family, we can only expect that the next two will be just the same, with a unique name in tow as well. Here are some of the names we think the Queen B might consider:

1. Yellow and Green

This one is hard to resist. After Mr. and Mrs. Carter named their first child “Blue” Ivy, everyone instantly fell in love. So why not keep the color scheme rolling?

2. Kelly and Michelle

We KNOW Beyoncé is missing her Destiny’s Child gals, so why not channel them through her new bundles of joy? Maybe it’ll rekindle the group?! All I know is that those kids won’t need to beg for people to “say their name.”

3. Buzz and Honey

These would be so fitting for the Queen Bee herself and would help her little munchkins have an immediate induction into the “The Hive.”

4. Red Hosta and Purple Fern

I know…we already said the color thing. But if you add on other classic yard greenery just like Blue Ivy, think of the possibilities!

5. Houston and Brooklyn

Paying a little homage to both Jay-Z’s and Beyonce’s hometowns, these names are sentimental and unique.

6. Halo and Otis

These names come right out of some of both parents’ most popular songs. Halo was a classic ballad put out by B in 2008, and Otis was a collab by dad in 2011, with other icons like Kanye West and classic Otis Redding, who is the artist for “Stand by Me”.

7. Giselle and Corey

Another sentimental note to the parents; Giselle is Beyonce’s middle name, while the latter is Jay-Z’s. Although Blue Ivy’s name is not from family-descent, they’re such a power couple that I don’t see why they shouldn’t start now.

8. Lemonade and Sasha Feirce

Our final suggestion for the Carters comes from Beyonces two most popular albums of all time, “Lemonade” and “I am…Sasha Fierce.” They’re iconic names that will allow the parents to continue on celebrating the things they love best: their kids and their careers.

Whatever these little bundles of joy are named, we know they will be as iconic as th Queen herself. 

Olivia is an adventurous sophomore at UW-Madison! She's pursuing two degrees in both journalism and mass communication, as well as literature. Olivia's favorite things about being a Badger is the school spirit, and the ability to always have something new to explore on campus. You can catch her at the Union or a coffee shop on the weekends with her friends!
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!