6 Less Irritating Things Than Donald Trump

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

As the presidential race moves forward, we are bombarded by images of Donald Trump. He is everywhere: all over the TV news shows, all over the printed news and all over social media.

In our own, everyday lives, we are faced with everyday annoyances, which become the victims of our wrath and complaints.   However, as Trump continues to dominate our news spectrum, these everyday annoyances have taken a back seat to the extreme annoyance that has become the Donald Trump Candidacy. Here are just a few annoyances that are definitely less irritating than Donald Trump:

1. Parents

We all get annoyed by our parents at least once a day. Although they love us unconditionally, there are times when we get tired of answering the same questions about our classes, our friends and whether we are eating enough.  However, I’ll take my parents aggravating questions over Donald Trump’s scowl any day.

2. Traffic

It seems like the end of the world when you’re stuck in traffic and late for the most important meeting of your life. The consistent honking and the inching along the highway is enough to make you scream out the window.  But that feeling is nothing compared to the anger I feel when I hear one of Trump’s bigoted rants.

3.  Minimum Drinking Age

As college students, one of the most annoying problems is that we aren’t 21 and able to legally drink. This makes getting into bars harder and a constant struggle every Thursday night. Yet, this restrictive minimum drinking age is still tolerable in comparison to Trumps adolescent name-calling of anyone and everyone who disagrees with him.  

4. Getting Ready for a Night Out  

The hassle of doing our hair, makeup and picking out the perfect outfit for a night out is enough to make anyone frustrated. We spend so much time and effort into looking our absolute best. However, by the end of the night, we end up with a face smeared of makeup and the smell of the night in our hair. Even this annoyance is small when compared with orange hue that has become Donald Trump.  

5.  A Hangover  

Throwing up is just nasty. There is nothing fun about sitting over the toilet all night with your head spinning and feeling like you were hit by a tornado. Even the slightest noise makes you crazy. And as horrific as a hangover feels, it is still more bearable than the headache we get from having to listen to Trump’s opinions.6. No Charge on Your Phone

How annoying is it to be out with your friends at a super trendy restaurant and your phone dies? You can’t take any pictures, scroll through Instagram when the conversation gets boring, or take a Snapchat of the delicious food that the waiter brings. This probably is the most irritating occurrence for a twenty first century teenager, but it still pales in comparison to Trump’s daily antics.  

Our everyday annoyances, whether it is dealing with a dead phone or a dreadful hangover, seemed like the end of the world. But the Trump ascendancy has been so aggravating that it has become hard to find anything more bothersome. The only thing that would be more irritating than Trump as a presidential candidate, would be Trump as our forty fifth president!  

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!