5 Ways to Make Your Mother’s Day Gift Memorable

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Mother’s Day is quickly approaching. That said, it’s time to consider ways to present your gratitude for that special motherly figure in your life. To help the brainstorming process, here’s a list of spectacular ways to display your love this year.

1. Handwritten Letter

It can be difficult to find time to share all the exciting changes and discoveries you encounter during your college years with your mom; your mom is nonetheless eager to know all about it. This Mother’s Day, consider writing a letter describing to your mom what you’ve been up to lately. This is a great way to remind your mother that her presence in your life is well appreciated, especially as you continue to grow up!

2. Wine Bottle Bird Feeder

This project requires a little skill on the workbench. Next Wine Wednesday, don’t throw away your wine bottle! Instead, re-purpose it into an original bird feeder. Not only is this a gift to your mom, but also a gift for the mom’s birds.

3. Beer bottle vase

Transform one of your empty beer bottles into a one-of-a-kind flower vase after a successful Madison weekend. You can go down so many creative avenueswith this simple DIY — all of which will look fabulous in your mother’s home!

4. Wheelhouse Studios Arts & Crafts Projects

Gather some friends and stop by the Wheelhouse Studios at Memorial Union to create, sculpt or paint something personal for your mother. Wheelhouse studios offer a wide range classes, such as jewelry making, mug painting and wood canvas burning. Whatever the case, the final product will surely help you express how much your mom means to you!

5. Giving Key

Scroll through the Giving Key website to browse some meaningful jewelry. This option is a bit pricier compared to those above; but it’s worth it. Because Giving Key is a nonprofit organization, the money you spend there goes to hiring people who are transitioning out of the homelessness cycle. Plus, each key is engraved with a word that’s supposed to encourage the wearer to embrace its meaning.

Although we are grateful for our mothers each and every day, these crafty presents are a nice way to remind your mother of your abundant love for her. I hope this quick list sparked some ideas of what you can give your mother. Always remember: your mom will love it no matter what, as long as it comes from the heart!

Elizabeth Parker is a freshman at the University of Wisconsin- Madison. Although her academic path is ambiguous, she is passionate about education, films, and self-love. You can find her reading a book at the Olbrich Madison Botanical Gardens or practicing yoga in her free time. Elizabeth enjoys spending time with friends, playing card games, and learning new things. Elizabeth hopes to educate her viewers with valuable information whether it be from savvy saving techniques to the best films for your lazy Sundays. You can follow Elizabeth's ever-changing college experience through her Instagram! (@lyzzi_parker)