The 5 Questions You Get Asked Every Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Thanksgiving is upon us and that means finally getting that break we have all been looking forward to and definitely deserve after a grueling midterm season. However, Thanksgiving brings relatives and that means that you will be bombarded with questions about college life. It is expected, unavoidable, and always the same. Here is a list of five questions you will be asked at Thanksgiving dinner to help prepare for them.

1.     How’s the weather?

When I go home to sunny California, this question is always first. Yes, I know it’s cold in Madison, and yes I have a sufficient coat Grandma. To answer your question, the weather is very, very cold and it sucks.

2.     How are classes?

You’ll get this question a lot so it is best to have a very formulaic, rehearsed answer. My got to: classes are hard but they’re interesting! Classic.

3.     Do you have a boyfriend yet?

Nope, not yet. But thanks for reminding me that I’m single.

4.     Do you get any studying done at that school?

I know that Wisconsin has a reputation as a party school, but yes, I do study. Refer to question number 2.

5.     How do you like living in (fill in living situation here)?

For me, this will be filled in with “apartment” and will most definitely be followed up with questions about roommates and cooking for myself.

The questions are annoying, but the turkey and the delicious feast is worth it. Thanksgiving break cannot come soon enough. 

Sophomore at UW Madison from Los Angeles, California.
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com