14 Reasons Why New Girl Should Be Your Guide to Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

1.     Everyone should have their own signature drink, says Jess.

2.     New Girl has taught us that no matter who your friends are, every group has a Jess, CeCe, Winston, Schmidt and Nick.

3.     We learned that True American is the best game ever invented… ever.

4.     Jess understands that there is nothing wrong with cheap wine.

5.     Everyone needs a little time alone… with Tay Swift, of course.

6.     Jess is just a regular girl, with fears just like us and we <3 that.

7.     Furthermore, she isn’t afraid to express this:

8.     New Girl fully accepts, and encourages, all religions.

9.     They ALWAYS take care of each other.

10.  They’re just so creative and inspiring.

11.  Jess fully understands collegiate life.

12.  Jess further understands the roller-coaster of emotions we experience on a day to day basis.

And her friends accept those emotions.

13.  We love that these guys aren’t afraid to tell each other what they really want.

14.  We feel ya, Winston.

When it comes down to it, New Girl is the reflection of our lives that no one really wants to admit. But at the end of the day, we all just want one thing—a group of friends that accepts us for who we truly are.

Neither can we, Jess. 

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin! 
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com