12 Spring Break Sunglasses We Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Spring break is almost here! If you’re lucky enough to get away this break, you’re probably going far away from the cold, cloudy Midwest mornings toward sunnier skies.

Sunny skies — what could be a better excuse to get a new pair of shades? Sunglasses are one of the best accessory for spring break. They’re a simple and easy way to add an extra element to any outfit you wear. Whether it’s paired with your cutest swimsuit on the beach, with your favorite puffer on the slopes or with your most comfy sweater at home, any of these shades will keep you feeling trendy this time of year.

1. Round/Oval

I guess John Lennon had it right with those famous round frames. These retro-inspired glasses are sure to complete any look. Plus, they will add that laid-back feel you deserve to have all spring break.

• Free people Far Out Round Sunnies, $20
  • ASOS 90s Metal Round Sunglasses In Rose Gold, $19
  • Ray-Ban RB4222, $143

2. Aviator

Originally designed in the early 20th century to protect pilots from the “dazzle in the stratosphere,” these retro sunnies are great for any circumstance you may find yourself in this spring. They’ll keep your eyes protected all day long during this week of relaxation!

• Urban Outfitters Classic Aviator Sunglasses (pictured above), $14
  • Anthropologie Nile Aviator Sunglasses, $38
  • Quay Australia X Desi Sahara Aviator Sunglasses In Matte Gold, $65

3. Cat eye

This is a trendy, vintage frame that will keep you looking cool and sophisticated throughout your vacay. With their upturned edges, these Audrey Hepburn-esque sunnies are absolutely chic and always in style.

• Free People Night Cat Sunnies, $25
  • American Eagle Small Cat Eye Sunglasses, $15.95
  • Quay Rumors Cat Eye Sunglasses, $16

4. Statement

If you’re looking for something a bit more wacky this break, check out some of these statement shades. Sporting a funky shape or an insane splash of color will make you stand out in your sunnies wherever you are.

• ASOS Square 90s Sunglasses In Blue, $19
  • Free People Spectrum Sunnies (pictured above), $30
  • Aerie Purrrty Sunnies, $15.95 (or buy two for $22)

Whether you’re road tripping, sun-tanning or roaming the streets at home, a fun pair of sunglasses this spring break will keep you looking and feeling refreshed. Check out these styles to add a little something extra to your look this spring break.

Cate Wilkinson

Wisconsin '20

Cate graduated from UW - Madison in May 2020 with a degree in Microbiology with a certificate in French. She is very passionate about health, wellness, sustainability and communication about these topics!