10 Reasons Why Mary Kate Olsen is Still Our Idol

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

It’s fine; it’s just, our childhood idol is living out all of our dreams and marrying into royalty. As if it wasn’t enough that she already got to spend every waking moment with John Stamos, Mary Kate Olsen is engaged to Olivier Sarkozy. According to US Weekly, the two fell in love between spending time in their $6.25 million townhouse in New York and Mary Kate enriching his life in France. Ah, the epitome of c’est la vie. Therefore, it seems only appropriate to provide you with a list of reasons why it is totally still cool to follow in Mary Kate’s footsteps.

1.     She became a household name, thanks to one role that occurred before she could even speak.

2.     She was always the twin with the best hair.

3.     When anorexia strikes, Mary Kate says

4.     Olivier isn’t her first royal love… remember Greek heir Stavros Niarchos III?

5.     She spent her childhood running around the Bahamas and Europe… uh, yes please.

6.     Ashley and Mary Kate had the most perfect sister-ship, one that made us all jealous.

7.     We were all pretty sure she had fallen off the face of the earth, until last year she appeared saying she was going into fashion… and we were like

8.     She attended NYU because she could pay off the entire staff of NYU… then quit when her bf ended things.

9.     Olivier said that she’s made him a better father to his children of 10 and 12 years… Mary Kate gets to be a mommysister!

10.  Her ring though… I mean, if a man 17 years my senior asked for my hand to wear that ring, I’d look past the language barrier too.

Regardless, we are happy for Mary Kate. Not only is she marrying into French royalty and gaining children that could be the ages of her siblings, but she gets to continue reigning fabulously over her twin, Ashley. Speaking of, no word on how Ashley is taking things, but sources tell us that she’s dating a man 20 years her senior and still doting over the ever-lovely, Mary Kate. 

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin! 
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com