Why it’s Okay to Listen to Summer Music All Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

It’s always an awkward time after Christmas and before summer where you don’t know what kind of music to listen to. You may think, “it’s too late for Christmas music, but too early for summer music…”, right?

WRONG! At least about the summer music.

It’s always time for summer music! Sure, there are seasons where most people prefer to listen to certain music (ex. winter = Christmas music and fall = folk music), but summer songs are acceptable year-round!

Summertime music is more than just listening to songs about beaches and crashing waves (although who doesn’t love listening to songs about beaches and pretending you’re on one?!). It’s a feeling of happiness, joy, peacefulness, and serenity. Summer songs take you back to that perfect summer night – where your only care was what kind of ice cream to eat for dinner while you watch Forrest Gump.

One of the best reasons for listening to summer songs is because they are instant mood boosters and are always there to lift your spirits. They just take away your worries instantly – especially if you listen to “Don’t Worry Be Happy” by Bob Marley.

So go ahead, jam out to your favorite beach music!

We’re counting down the days until its summer, but until then, grab an ice cream, lounge out, and listen your heart out to your favorite summer shade songs!

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.