Things to do during Homecoming week at WU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Homecoming Week is coming up! Here are some awesome events going on around campus during the week! Go Eagles!

Monday, November 13

Art Exhibition – Stop by McLaurin Hall from Monday-Sunday for a Retrospective Exhibition by Nancy Thomas ’67, ‘84

Paint the Town – Register a group to paint the windows of Digs and the West Center with school spirit from 10AM-6PM!

Homecoming Kickoff and Spirit Letters – Come to Richardson Ballroom at 8 PM as they introduce the Homecoming court, winners of Paint the Town, and make WU spirit letters.

Tuesday, November 14

Homecoming Dinner – Head to Thomson Café from 4-8PM for a Homecoming meal, music, and contests

Freestyle Funny Comedy Show – Come to Tillman Auditorium at 8 PM to laugh until it hurts with comedians B Daht, Darren (Big Baby) Brand, and Tyler Chronicles.

Watch Men’s Basketball at Colorado State at 9 PM

Wednesday, November 15

The Finer Things: Dining and Dishware at Winthrop (Sponsored by Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections) –  From 5-7PM, the Pettus Archives hosts an exhibit featuring china, silverware, dishes, and other material highlighting dining at Winthrop from the 1890s-1960s.

Come cheer on Women’s Basketball vs. North Carolina Wesleyan College at 7PM at the Winthrop Coliseum!

Thursday, November 16

Alumni Faculty/Staff Appreciation Lunch (Sponsored by the Alumni Association) – Winthrop graduates who are faculty/staff are invited to a catered lunch in recognition of their collective service to their alma mater in Richardson Ballroom from 11AM-1PM

So WU Got Talent? Homecoming Talent Show – Head to Tillman Auditorium at 7 PM for one of the most anticipated events at Winthrop! Winthrop’s most talented students compete for the grand prize and bragging rights!

Friday, November 17

Garnet & Gold Friday (Sponsored by Alumni Relations) – Show school pride by wearing garnet and gold all day!

Homecoming on the Green – Head to Campus Green from 6-10PM for food trucks, music, cornhole, photo ops, and more!

Saturday, November 18

HOMECOMING TAILGATE – From 10AM-4PM, come out to the south lawn of the Winthrop Coliseum for this Homecoming tradition with food, music by DJ Chizzy, and tons of fun for alumni, students, and community members!

Women’s Basketball vs. South Carolina State University – Cheer on the Women’s Basketball Team as they take on the Bulldogs at 1PM.

Men’s Basketball vs. Central Penn College – Support the defending BIG SOUTH CHAMPIONS Men’s Basketball Team at 4PM for their second home game of the season!

NPHC Homecoming Step Show (Sponsored by Student Life) – Head to Byrnes Auditorium at 8PM to see the NPHC organizations compete in this Homecoming tradition! But, don’t forget to get there early! Doors open at 7PM.

All events are listed at: https://www.winthrop.edu/homecoming/default.aspx?id=8034

Megan Diesso is a Sport Management major at Winthrop University. She works part-time at Kohl's as a Beauty Advisor and seasonally at Finish Line. She is originally from New Jersey and moved to Charleston when she was ten years old. Megan enjoys music, makeup, shoes, wine, and social media. Her hobbies include doing makeup, watching netflix, spending time with family, and playing with her Boston Terrier puppy, Zeke. She is a hardcore Dallas Cowboys fan and loves watching sports with her friends. Instagram and Twitter: MegsDiesso
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.