alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Must-See Movies of the Summer!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

At last! Summer is upon us, which means warm weather, relaxing and having fun and taking trips to the movie theaters at night and watching tons of summer movies! Each year there are dozens and dozens of must-see movies that come out to the box office during these months! Because of how many movies get released, these are just a few of the films and their trailers! 

Grab some popcorn and check it out! 

1. Captain America: Civil War, May 6

The next installment in the Captain America franchise arrives in theaters on May 6 with two new characters: the Black Panther and Spider-Man. You can’t miss it–Captain America and Iron Man go head to head!

2. Finding Dory, June 17

The long awaited sequel to Finding Nemo is finally here and hits theaters on June 17! In the movie, Dory searches for answers about her past with the help from her friends, Nemo and Marlin. We’re swimmingly excited to see this movie!

3. The Conjuring 2: The Endfield Experiment, June 10

The follow up to the first one explores the Warren family traveling to London to investigate another case! We can’t tell if we’re more scared or excited to see this film! 

4. The Purge: Election Year, July 1

The Purge: Election Year is the next edition in the horror series arriving to the box office on July 1! 

5. Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising, May 20

Neighbors 2 hits the box office on May 20 with Zac Efron and Seth Rogan returning for more fun and laughter! Seems like there are a lot of great sequels this summer!

Start saving up that money for movie tix, Collegiettes because you don’t want to miss any of these awesome flicks! 

Desiree’ is a senior majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Health Care Management from Greenville, South Carolina. She loves traveling and shopping when she’s not busy with school and work. She also loves spending time with her family and friends, and volunteering around the community. 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.