Fall 2015 Peer Mentor: Diana Frank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Name: Diana FrankMajor: Business Human ResourcesAcademic Year: JuniorHometown: Orlando, Florida

What is your favorite movie and why?I love The Proposal because it never fails to make me laugh after a bad day.

Do you have any hobbies?I love crafting and playing volleyball! I’ve been playing volleyball for 10 years. I work at the Rock Hill Volleyball Club as a coach and I love to help young girls improve their skills.

Do you have a celebrity crush?Chris Evans.

Favorite song?“Make a Man Out of You,” from the movie Mulan because it gets me motivated and ready to do work!

What inspired you to come to Winthrop?I love the small campus environment, unlimited opportunities and the friendly atmosphere.

How are you involved on campus?I am a peer mentor, I hold a leadership position in Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority and I work with the volleyball intramural club on campus.

How do you stay relaxed in between your busy schedule?Honestly, I just lay in my bed and watch Sex and the City (laughs). It’s one of my favorite shows and it relaxes me!

Where do you want to be in 5 years?Hopefully with a steady career in a corporate office, preferably somewhere pretty.  

What is something interesting that people don’t know about you?I have a celiac disease and I am allergic to gluten.

If you could have dinner with one of your role models, who would it be and why?Hayden Panettiere. She has been my role model since she was in the movie Bring It On. She is extremely classy and has her life together. I would definitely ask for tips on         how she keeps it all together and looks fabulous while doing it.

What is your guilty pleasure?Taking a spoon to a tub of Amaretto ice cream (laugh). 

What’s your go-to coffee drink?Vanilla iced coffee with cream from Starbs.

Catherine is an ambitious twenty-something woman living in Rock Hill, South Carolina where she attends Winthrop University as a mass communication major. She is the President and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Winthrop, which she co-founded in November 2014. She has also been a member of the Winthrop chapter of the Association for Women in Communications, and is currently the President of the Society of Professional Journalists chapter at Winthrop. Since being involved with Her Campus, Catherine received an internship at Her Campus Media in Boston, MA. She also currently works as a Chapter Advisor for the company and writes about Grey's Anatomy each week for the site. Because of Her Campus, she has also received writing positions at many publications throughout her 3 years at Winthrop. Outside of her busy lifestyle, Catherine enjoys relaxing with her friends on the weekends and having Sex and the City marathons. She can't live without her dog, family, Cosmopolitan, friends, Starbucks, Instagram, The Bachelor, Grey's Anatomy and of course Chick-fil-A. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: @cathclowe!