This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Fall is finally here, and we couldn’t be any more excited. This is the season for cute dates, matching clothes and cold, cuddly nights. Fall has the most amazing opportunities and everything we’re obsessed with. Pumpkin spice, tall boots, apple picking, fuzzy socks–we love it all. Here are some more and all the things we love about fall!

Pumpkin Spice

Let’s face it ladies, we’re all here for pumpkin spice everything. Lattes, sweets, cookies; we’ll put pumpkin spice on anything and love every second of it. Pumpkin spice has a special place in all of our hearts during fall, and you know you can’t resist. Besides, if you didn’t Instagram a pumpkin spice latte, did fall even happen?

Boots

Ankle boots, knee highs, Uggs and peek-a-boo socks galore. Fall is the prime time to wear something other than tennis-shoes and flip-flops, and you know you love it. Wearing boots is one of the simple joys in life, and fall is our favorite excuse to enjoy them. Live it up ladies!

Halloween

Whether you decide to go with a couples-costume, a funny inside joke or a classic character, dressing up is always fun. Halloween is just an excuse to get out of our box and let loose for a night, and we absolutely reminisce on our trick-or-treating days! Who says you have to grow up?

Cute Dates

All my single ladies, I can hear you sighing from here. Don’t worry! Whether you’re going with your boyfriend, girlfriend, or best friend, fall is the best time for cute dates. Pumpkin patches, apple picking and hay rides? Sign me up!

Haunted Houses

If Halloween isn’t enough, haunted houses definitely are! Haunted houses are that safety net thrill we’ve been craving since last fall, and we can never get enough. There’s just something about being chased by a stranger in makeup that gets us in the fall spirit like nothing else does.

Fashion

Fall fashion is something we wait for all year long. Flannel, cute socks, tall boots, and beanies rule the fall months, and bring us into the most fashionable months of the year. With the perfect temperature, an excuse to wear leggings and sweatshirts, and no judgement, fall fashion has us hooked. We can’t forget the accessories, can we? Moody nails, dark lips, and smokey eyes are our favorite addition to our perfect fall outfit.

Nature

The color we see outside during fall can’t be beat. From the changing leaves, to the animals running around, to all the pumpkins and apples, nature gives us the best scenery of our year during fall. The sunsets are amazing, the leaves are gorgeous, and you can’t beat crunching a perfectly crisp leaf. Fall is the perfect time to sit back, relax, and watch the world become more beautiful each day. 

You know we could go on for days about the greatest things about fall, Collegiettes, so if your favorite fall fad isn’t here, tell us some of yours!

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.