Style > Beauty

Black Owned Beauty Brands That Are Made For Every Makeup Junkie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Calling all beauty junkies! Are you looking to add some new makeup to your collection?

Check out these Black owned makeup brands that are killing the game with their all-inclusive beauty products.!

Beauty Bakerie Cosmetics

This trendy bakery themed brand offers everything from liquid lipsticks and setting powders, to eyebrow gel and illuminators.  All of their products come with names inspired by sweet treats and ingredients from the bakery.  Beauty Bakerie has recently come out with a line of “Cake Face” concealers ranging from fair to deep shades that are already beginning to sell out.  Stop by Beauty Bakerie’s website to add a sweet treat to your makeup collection!

Juvia’s Place

Juvia’s Place gained recognition for their highly pigmented eyeshadow palettes.  They have added multiple collections to their website in recent years.  Also, Juvia’s Place now sells liquid lipsticks.  The best part about this brand is they stress affordability so any beauty guru can feel good about making a purchase.  Scroll through Juvia’s Place online store to see more of their beautiful palettes!

Makeup For Melanin Girls

If you’re not afraid of a little sparkle you should visit Makeup For Melanin Girl’s website.  They sell the ultimate glitter eyeshadow palette that is perfect for exploring your sparkly side.  This palette launched last year and already has countless reviews by beauty influencers online.  Beyond the glitter palette, they have a growing collection of bold matte lipsticks in different shades.

Mented Cosmetics

Mented Cosmetics is here for the girl that can’t live without her classic nude lippie.  They provide nude lipstick in shades suitable for all skin tones with peachy and blush undertones.  Mented Cosmetics even has glossy formulas.  Be on the look out for the launch of their eyeshadow collection it is sure to be promising.

IMAN

IMAN is a go-to for the beauties that love strolling through drugstore makeup aisles.  IMAN Cosmetics caters to the diverse beauty world by offering products for beauties of many different backgrounds.  They offer all of the products essential to completing a full face.  IMAN Cosmetics has even recently launched a new foundation formula.  Be sure to check them out online or in your local drug store to find essential beauty steals.

So there you have it Collegiettes, just a few black owned makeup brands that are sure to enhance your everyday makeup routine!  They are making an impact on the beauty world, and we’re sure you’ll find something from these brands to add to your collection.

Shannon Simmons describes herself as a creative. As a student at Winthrop University seeking her B.A. degree in mass communication, she has recently discovered her passion for digital content creation. In between classes she finds time to stay involved on her campus and in her community. She is a member of Winthrop University’s Association of Black Journalists, National Association of Black Journalists, Winthrop Ambassadors, and she works as a Resident Assistant. She also enjoys volunteering to support her community on the weekends. When she’s not busy with her academic duties, Shannon enjoys creating content for her personal blog, Shannnooooo.co, where she writes and creates videos on various topics like art, beauty, and style. She also loves exploring her artistic side as a photographer by shooting portraits and self-portraits. Shannon’s favorite quote to live by is “nothing worth having comes easy.”
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.