BANGS: Shoes That Help Find Adventure

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Are you an adventure seeker? An urban explorer? A self-starter? A shoe lover? Well nice to meet you beautiful soul, you have found your PERFECT match!  

BANGS!

No, not the hair hanging in front of your forehead.  The shoe company!!

BANGS was founded by Hannah Davis in 2012 after she taught English in China and was inspired by the style of boots the farmers wore in the fields.  She wished to make a shoe and company that would have a positive impact on the world. And that she did!

Their motto is “Your Adventure Helps Others Find Theirs”.  By wearing the classic canvas shoes and partaking in the adventure called life, you positively impact others in a way that is life changing.  20% of their net profits go to entrepreneurs all around the world! They have invested in…wait for it…

1000 ENTREPRENEURS!

They encourage connection and uplifting others through their social mission, and have created a huge community of adventurers to share the mission.

If you aren’t already itching to find their shoes and treat yo’self then here are 5 fun facts that will get you pumped about this brand!

1. Hannah attended the Clemson University and grew up in the palmetto state! WOW! Small world! She currently lives in Austin, TX where she works alongside one of her sisters, Molly, growing the BANGS Company.

2. Each BANGS shoe is uniquely named after an awesome adventure destination or sweet elements of nature!

3. There are monthly BANGS Blitz Days hosted on Instagram.  People of the community share rad BANGS photos with inspiring, punny, or themed captions to share the mission of the brand!  It is a fun way to get connected with friends across the world and share creativity.

4. BANGS means help in Mandarin

5. Brand Ambassador applications are OPEN!! Do you want to join this adventure rich community? Click here to sign up! The final day to sign up is January 31st!!

BANGS Shoes are just waiting to be worn and loved!  Go learn more visit their website and see some of their adventures on their Instagram!

BFA Painting & Photogrpaphy major at Winthrop University Instagram: mag.claytor Twitter: mag_claytor
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.