7 Things to Consider Before Getting a Tattoo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

When it comes to tattoos, we either have them or know plently of people that do. If you’re considering getting a tattoo for the first time then you’ve come to the right place. Consider these seven things before making the big decision!

1. Be exclusive when deciding what tattoo to get

So many girls these days have the exact same tattoos, be original!

2. Research tattoo shops before hand

Don’t just pop up at some shady tattoo shop that you can’t even locate on Google Maps. Oh, and also do not trust that creepy guy who does tattoos out of his living room for 20 bucks.

3. Don’t be cheap!

Quality tattoos are an investment especially if you’re going to an artist who is highly vetted. So please save accordingly and don’t be disapointed when your dream tattoo cost more than you expected.

4. Tattoos DO hurt

Those people who say “tattoos don’t hurt” are lying to you. I mean come on people it’s needle to skin.

5. When it comes to tattoos, do you!

Some people can’t get a tattoo unless they have some super deep meaning behind it but I say if you find a tattoo you absolutley love go for it.

6. Start small.

I do not recommend your first tattoo being super big, start small and go from there.

7. Make sure this is the right decision for you!

Make sure getting a tattoo is what you really want want because it will be with you even when you’re old and gray.

So remember ladies when getting a tattoo be BOLD, be confident, and be absolutely postive that this is what you want. Good luck, Collegiettes!

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.