7 Future Stars That You Forgot Were on Gilmore Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

After Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life came out in November, I, like many other people, finally jumped on the bandwagon and began watching the original show. By watching it in 2016, I noticed a lot of familiar faces that made it big after appearing on the show.

Everyone knows that big names like Melissa McCarthy, Alexis Bledel, and Jared Padelecki started out on Gilmore Girls, but do you remember spotting these others?

Max Greenfield

You may know him as Schmidt from New Girl, but to me, he will always be Dean’s drunk friend who was so amazed to share a first name with Luke on season 4, episode 4.

Nick Offerman

I have a lot of love for Ron Swanson, but before Offerman played the grumpy member of the parks department on Parks and Recreation, he played Jackson’s rather annoying brother, Beau. He first appeared in season 4, episode 7.

Seth McFarlane

The Family Guy creator guest starred on season 2, episode 21, where he played a member of Lorelai’s graduating class who seemed to have a passion for picking fights with his girlfriend and making fun of rich people.

Rami Malek

Before he was winning Emmy awards for his acting abilities on Mr. Robot, Rami Malek scored his first acting role in Hollywood as Andy, a rather annoying member of Lane’s bible study group on season 4, episode 11.

Victoria Justice

The future Victorious star had her first speaking roles on season 4, episode 3 where she played a young girl at the Lord of the Rings party that Sookie and Lorelai planned.

Jon Hamm

Before he was on Mad Men, a young Jon Hamm was on season 3, episode 5 where he played the mystery man from a party that Lorelai went on a rather lame date with.

Jane Lynch

We all know her as Sue Sylvester from Glee, but before that, Lynch played a nurse that Emily harasses while Richard is in the hospital on season 1, episode 10.

Chad Michael Murray

Okay, you might remember him. In case you forgot, before Chad Michael Murray was Lucas on One Tree Hill, he was Tristan, the Chilton bad boy on Gilmore Girls during seasons 1 and 2.

This is just a short list of the many future stars that had small roles on Gilmore Girls.

Happy Netflixing, Collegiettes!

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.