ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Ways to Gain Some Peace of Mind

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

As the semester is kicking into full gear, we know that you are probable starting to stress. Well stress no more Collegiettes! We have compiled a list of things you can do to gain some peace of mind during this time of stress, tests, papers, and maybe some procrastination.

1. Make your bed every morning

By doing this simple task, you will give yourself a feeling of accomplishment, because you have completed your first task of the day within two minutes of waking up. This will help set a positive mindset for the rest of your day.

2. Update your planner

By visually seeing what events and schoolwork you have coming up, you will be able to better plan how to manage your time.

3. Don’t worry about what you cannot control

Worrying about things out of your control will only pile on unnecessary stress to your load. You will not accomplish anything by stressing over it, so just make the most of what you CAN control.

4. Go out to Winthrop lake with friends

Take a break from your stresses! Go out to the lake with your buds, take a breath of fresh air, and enjoy nature!

5. Hit the gym

Exercising regularly is great for the mind and body. Try to hit the gym three to four times a week–even if it is only a 10 minute walk on the treadmill.

6. Do something for charity

We all know and love that feel-good feeling that comes after you do an act for charity. Volunteer at the animal shelter one Saturday, donate blood at the local center, or donate old clothes to a children’s home.

We hope these things can help relax your mind all throughout the semester! Good luck with your courses, Collegiettes! 

Ali Maclay is a biology major, chemistry minor, psychology minor, and honors student at Winthrop University. She is an aspiring Neuroscientist and hopes to work at St. Jude Children's Hospital. She is the Facebook Social Media Director for Her Campus Winthrop's Facebook page, and associate member of Tri Beta Biological Honors Society, and a member of the Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society at Winthrop. When she's not doing academic work, working at her job, or writing for HC, she's probably binge-watching Netflix, dreaming on Pinterest, stress cleaning, or eating ice cream.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.