This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

​Sorority recruitment can be a very stressful time in a ladies life, so here are a few tips and bits of advice to help you through it! 

Wear comfortable clothes in between parties

Your Rho Gammas will watch your things while you’re in the parties chatting it up trying to find your home. Don’t worry about your things. Instead learn as much about the Greek Life organizations that you hope to be apart of.

Trust the system

You’ll go where you need, not where you want. I know going through recruitment a lot of my friends didn’t get their top picks and some of them only got invited back to organizations that they had dropped the previous day. Personally, my first choice was not the wonderful organization I had joined going into bid day, but I’m so glad it is my home. I had actually dropped my organization the first day, but I am so glad that my lovely ladies invited me back so that I could find my home.

Go in open minded

I cannot stress this enough. If you are even thinking about going Greek, I know there is temptation to do all the research you can so that you can learn everything about these organizations, and I encourage that. Also though, stay away and disregard post/threads that completely trash Greek organizations. Most of those are just rumors and completely untrue. Just go to the parties and learn about the organizations from those in them.

Follow the dress codes set by your campuses CPC

It is set for a reason to try and help you present yourself as the best you possible.

Find the group of girls that you think are going to build you up to be the best you possible 

This was my main thought process going through recruitment. I wanted a group of girls who would help build me up to be the best possible me I could be. It is important that you have girls around you that share the same values.

Don’t be upset if it doesn’t work out

Greek life isn’t for everyone. Sometimes going through your first time is more of a learning experience than anything. Overall, just have fun and make new friends!

Recruitment was one of the best weekends of my life! I cannot wait to go through on the other side and get new members for my sorority!  

An avid dog video watcher and glasses wearer who enjoys Disney. You should definitely follow her on Instagram and Twitter @beccaliterally if you want quality selfies along with rare dog pictures.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.