This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

We all know that as college students, we are looking for every way possible to find the best deals and save money. So we have compiled some of the best rewards programs across the board that you can sign up to use!

Discover it for Students

While not necessarily a rewards program, this is a GREAT first credit card to get while you are a student in order to build good credit. This card gives a dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically. There is no annual fee, and you can earn 5% cash back in rotating categories each quarter like gas stations, restaurants, Amazon.com, wholesale clubs and more, plus 1% cash back on all other purchases.

CVS Extra Care Card

You can get 2% back on your purchases (some restrictions apply), $1 in Extra Bucks for every two prescription fills, and coupons and offers on the bottom of your receipt based on past purchase!

Domino’s Pizza Profile

Sign up (and use that Cafe Cash to buy!) and earn 10 pizza points with every purchase. When you hit 60 points, you get a free pizza!

Starbucks

Buy a Starbuck’s gift card; then register it for the My Starbuck’s Rewards program. Every time you use your card, you will earn a star (2 stars for every $1 spent). Stars can be used on free food and drinks! In addition to your rewards stars, rewards members are eligible for free birthday rewards and free in-store refills!

Regal Crown Card or AMC Stubs Rewards

Earn points with these cards at their respected theaters and earn discounted and free items!

JCPenney Rewards

Sign up and earn! For payments that are not a JCPenney credit card, every $2 spent is 1 point. If you’re using a JCPenney credit card, you can earn points 2x faster, with every $1 = 1 point. You’ll also get a birthday gift and invitations to bonus events.

I hope these tips will help you and your friends save a couple extra bucks while pinching pennies this semester! Happy savings Collegietes!

Ali Maclay is a biology major, chemistry minor, psychology minor, and honors student at Winthrop University. She is an aspiring Neuroscientist and hopes to work at St. Jude Children's Hospital. She is the Facebook Social Media Director for Her Campus Winthrop's Facebook page, and associate member of Tri Beta Biological Honors Society, and a member of the Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society at Winthrop. When she's not doing academic work, working at her job, or writing for HC, she's probably binge-watching Netflix, dreaming on Pinterest, stress cleaning, or eating ice cream.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.