5 Cheap and Easy Meals for Every College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

As college students, we know the struggling of finding good and cheap food. We quickly grow tired of eating the food from our cafeteria or from local fast food places. Luckily, there are some fast, easy, and yummy meals any student on a college budget can make!

Biscuits and Gravy

All you need to do is buy one or two cans of biscuits and a can of sausage gravy from any local grocery store! You can make the biscuits in the oven or in a toaster oven, and you just have to heat up the gravy in the microwave. This meal is yummy and guaranteed to fill you up.

Tuna Melt

All you need is tuna, bread, butter, whatever cheese you like, mayonnaise, and whatever else you may want to add to it! You can make this on the stovetop or on an electric pan!

Egg and Meat Biscuit

You can use whatever meat you want on this (or none at all!). You can put egg with or without cheese on whatever kind of bread you want (biscuit, bagel, english muffin, etc). It’s yummy and so easy to make and customize to your taste.

Tacos

With or without meat, hard shell or tortilla roll, Taco Tuesday is always a great dinner idea. You can buy beans and heat them up in the microwave with cheese and you can fry up some meat to add to it.

Peanut Butter Tortilla

These are always super fast and easy, but the tortilla allows you to switch up from your regular PB&J. Try adding honey for a new taste!

Happy eating, Collegiettes!

Ali Maclay is a biology major, chemistry minor, psychology minor, and honors student at Winthrop University. She is an aspiring Neuroscientist and hopes to work at St. Jude Children's Hospital. She is the Facebook Social Media Director for Her Campus Winthrop's Facebook page, and associate member of Tri Beta Biological Honors Society, and a member of the Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society at Winthrop. When she's not doing academic work, working at her job, or writing for HC, she's probably binge-watching Netflix, dreaming on Pinterest, stress cleaning, or eating ice cream.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.