2017 Big Man on Campus Contestant: Zyhorie Pauling

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

For the past couple of years, Winthrop’s Lambda Sigma chapter of Delta Zeta Sorority has held the Big Man on Campus Pageant to raise money for their national philanthropy, the Starkey Hearing Foundation. Participants compete in the pageant that consists of a casual round, formal round, talent round and question/answer round. After the question portion, participants are auctioned off in support of Delta Zeta’s National philanthropy.

Name: Zyhorie Pauling

Year: Junior

Major: Political Science

Minor: History

Hometown: Columbia, SC

What is your past campus involvement?

I was an RA in Thomson Hall last year, I ran for Student Body Vice President and I am a member of the Gentlemen’s League and S.H.I.E.L.D.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I am in college, so I don’t have a lot of free time (laughs.) When I do have time, I like to go for long walks on the beach at sunset.

What has been the highlight of your time at Winthrop so far?

Running for Student Body Vice President. Although I did not win, it was a great experience. I had more of a reason to talk and connect with the students on campus and I really enjoyed being able to do that.  

What are some of your favorite things about Winthrop?

I like going to the open mic nights and playing basketball in the gym.

Why should you be this year’s Big Man on Campus?

I have a big heart and I love puppies. 

Come to Big Man on Campus tonight in Tillman Auditorium at 8 pm!!!

Ta'Niss Robinson is a junior Psychology major with a Human Resource Management minor who decided to try her hand at writing. When she is not doing homework, she can be found reading, dancing, laughing with her friends and family and enjoying the little things in life. One of her favorite quotes is "I have learned that I still have a lot to learn" by Maya Angelou.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.