Registration: Freshman vs. Senior Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Registration is the time of the year that varies greatly depending on your year in school. As a freshman, registration is possibly one of the most stressful times. As you watch the open seats dwindle, you call in the backup classes and even start crossing those off the list as they fill up. For seniors however, registration is a breeze. Until you realize you’re short on credits to graduate. 

Freshman year: “What’s a DARS?” 

Senior year: 

Freshman year: Meeting with your advisor 

Senior year:

Freshman year: Checking your classes you need every 5 minutes

Senior year:

Freshman year: Staring at the clock during class, waiting for your window to open 

Senior year:  

Freshman year: Realizing your classes are full

Senior year: First seat in the class

Freshman year: One spot left in your 8am class

Senior year: 8am class

Freshman year: “You just need to fulfill your gen-eds”

Senior year: “You’ve got one semester to finish 30 credits”

For all of you seniors out there, congratulations on making it this far as you prep for your final college registration. For all of our freshman readers,

Miranda is currently a Winona State University senior studying mass communication with an emphasis in advertising and is also pursing a graphic design degree. In addition to being Winona State’s Campus Correspondent, she is also the president of WSU’s Advertising Federation club. When she’s not busy binge watching One Tree Hill for the umpteenth time, you can find her working on her longboards, which she creates from scratch. She is a Diet Coke addict and indie music enthusiast filled with passion and imagination. She plans to get out of chilly Minnesota to find internship opportunities after graduation.