This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

It’s time to pull out your green t-shirts and get ready to celebrate! Whether you’re Irish or not, St. Patrick’s Day is arguably the most fun holiday celebrated, especially in Winona. It’s full of food, beer, and everything green. Following some of these tips will ensure you have a fun St. Patrick’s Day!

Breakfast:

A possibility to celebrate this holiday to its full extent is Top o’the Mornin Lucky Charms Pancakes! This a slight variation to classic pancakes, with a yummy addition of Lucky Charms cereal and green food dye! All you need is Lucky Charms cereal, Bisquick mix, milk, vanilla, and eggs. Follow the directions to make the original pancakes and then add the green food dye after the mix is blended together! Finally, to top off this recipe add the Lucky Charms cereal pieces and cook.

Snacks:

Classic Shamrock Shake from McDonalds! You can’t go wrong with this minty fan-favorite shake, and it’s only offered during this time of the year!

Dinner:

Corned beef and cabbage is the classic meal celebrated in honor of Ireland and St. Patrick’s Day. When Irish settlers came to America, corned beef was the meat they could most readily get their hands on because it isn’t too expensive. So, for generations of Irish Americans this is a cultural meal. Corned beef and cabbage is a little tricky for college students to prepare and requires time and ingredients. So below are just a few popular restaurants in Winona that serve this classic, yummy meal!

• The Blackhorse Bar and Grill

• Winona Family Restaurant

• Green Mill Restaurant

• Jefferson’s Pub and Grill

• Ground Round

Bar Specials:

A lot of bars in Winona serve up green beer on this holiday! Here are a few of the specials from last year. I’m sure there will be even better specials this year.

Zazas – $3 pints of green Bud Light; shot of Shamrock Shake for $3

Market Street Tap – Hidden four-leaf clover, and the person who finds it wins a $10 bar tab

Gabby’s Bar and Lounge – $2.50 Jameson Mixers

Now that you know a few more ideas to spice up your holiday, I hope everyone has a fun and safe St. Patrick’s day!  

Hi I'm Maddie!! I'm a Public Health major at Winona State.
Hi I'm Emily and I'm from Appleton, Wisconsin! I'm a Mass Communication- Advertising student, with a minor in Art History at WSU. I like concerts, hockey, cooking, and dancing in the car. I also enjoy guacamole, french fries, and caramel iced coffees from Dunkin' Donuts. All I really want to do is travel the world, move to a big city, and spend my weekends on a lake. IG & Twitter @esheptoski