photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Top 10 Nail Colors for the Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Williams chapter.

Winter is here and it’s glove season! That doesn’t mean that you should have to keep your nails bland while their all covered up. Here are the top ten nail colors for when the gloves come off and the cold sets in.

10. Peach- Although peach may seem as if it doesn’t fit the season, it is actually a great way to start off winter. If you’re still missing the spring, this color will keep your hands still warm while it gets a little a chilly outside. Wear this color if you are feeling sweet but fiesty. It’s the same feeling as a hot pink nail color in the spring, but just toned down for the winter.

9. Nude-  The good thing about nude is that it is versatile. This color is actually great for any season. Still, in the winter it brings a classy feeling. Nude is best on a week where there are a lot of meetings with professors. It keeps your nails interesting but means that you mean business this week.

8. Cream- Cream is nice because it isn’t white. Forget blending in with the snow on the ground! Keep it original and use cream as a way to calm down from a busy week of finals, meetings, and drama. This color says I may be calming down this week, but it’s just preparation for the pop of color that will come next week.

7. Gold- Even the cold doesn’t stop the fun! Although it is getting colder let the season of partying live on. Give your nails this shimmery color for more Pep. Wear this color if you need to show others and yourself that you are the real life of the party.

6. Metallic gray- A Metallic Gray color creates a sense of adventure in the winter. This color is not meant to keep you inside on a snow day. Wear this color when you can’t wait to throw your first snowball of the day (possibly starting a snowball fight). Go sledding or build a snowman with your own style incorporated.

5.Sparkles- A sparkly nail polish is like tiny  sparkly snowflakes on your fingers! Wear this color if you need a little more confidence. Even with your old sweatpants and sweatshirt keeping you warm, you are still slaying while you wear them.

4. White- This color isn’t only for the snow. Sometimes the holidays just bring out the very best person! This color will suit you when you just feel like an overall good person. It is best when feeling like helping a fellow friend who may be struggling or after you give that extra phone call a week to family back home.

3. Lavender- Do I hear Netflix and chill with your roommate on a Friday night? Grab some hot chocolate and marshmallows with this color because lavendar says relaxation. It is best when you are feeling a little lazy. This color means means a little R and R in your dorm room. Your choice if you want to channel it into homework or just relaxing.

2. Mint green- The leaves on the trees have fallen and the campus isn’t as green as it used to be. Mint green gives a little taste of the seasons to come without the harsh dark green color. Wear this color if you are feeling a little changed maybe emotionally or physically. It provides a sense of transition.

1.Baby Blue- Winter is here on campus, but that doesn’t mean you aren’t ready to take the trip back home. Use this color to look forward to Winter break. It says that you are calm but ready to go back home and celebrate the holidays with family.

Hi, my name is Crissy and I am from New York City! I am the campus correspondent for this year's cohort of empowered females and I am extremely excited to work with new people. I wouldn't call myself an experienced writer, but I do enjoy writing for this online platform. Hopefully, you will enjoy our pieces too!
Nica is a Senior at Williams College majoring in Biology and taking pre-medical courses. She is a member of Ritmo Latino and GQ A cappella. Her passions include public health, reading, and yoga.