This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Williams chapter.

Photo courtesy of Glamour

We’re getting extremely close to the end of the fall semester and finals–that time of the year when some of us no longer feel inclined to do the quickest parts of our makeup routines, wear matching socks, or change outfits over the course of a week. Falling into that trap can be easy if you don’t feel that looking your best sometimes makes you do your best (or simply feel good for the day). It can feel like a hassle to do a full face of makeup when you know there are papers to be written and studying to be done, but you don’t have to sacrifice looking your best altogether! Here are a few tips for looking your best and brightest while on the run during this stressful and dreary time:

• Use gold eyeshadow: Tyra Banks showed us the trick to opening up your eyes with white eyeliner, but there’s something about using gold that warms you up so much more this season! The best part about this trick is how quick and effortless it is. You don’t even need to sweep it all over your eyelid; just take an angled brush, dip it in your favorite gold eyeshadow (I like Golden Sunrise from CoverGirl and Half Baked in the Naked palette), and run it along your lower lash line. 

• Find a tinted moisturizer/BB cream: Putting on foundation in the wintertime can be such a drag, especially if you’re in colder places and would rather use your time for bundling up/preparing for the apocalypse. But if you find that you do have some time, try using a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. They tend to be less heavy than regular foundation and less drying than cream-based concealers but give you a good amount of coverage for dark spots and blemishes. They’re also a huge money saver since they are so inexpensive but last for a while (brands like Black Radiance and Milani Cosmetics are both less than $6).

• Take care of your lips: Bare lips almost always look good in the wintertime as long as they are taken care of. Keep your Burt’s Bees/Chapstick/Baby Lips close by, but remember that your lips are one of the most impacted areas when dry air hits. Take extra time to exfoliate or scrub them (with your toothbrush bristles or using a sugar scrub) and keep your natural color at its most vibrant level.

You can find minimal ways to not sacrifice looking good in the wintertime; just set aside 5-10 minutes to get the job done. Finals time and dreary weather can drain you of your motivation to take care of yourself, but keeping a positive mindset; eating full and balanced meals; and inserting little moments of me-time are the best ways to combat this. Stay alive and well!

XO,

Cinnamon

Cinnamon is a junior at Williams College where she is an American Studies major, an Africana Studies minor, and a Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellow. A lover of lipstick and foundation fanatic, she just began writing for Williams' HerCampus chapter on beauty and makeup. She's especially interested in creating empowering digital spaces for Black women to celebrate and cherish their beauty. When she's not busy with her undergraduate studies and research endeavors, she's falling victim to Scandal. And now...How To Get Away With Murder...okay, basically, her Thursday nights belong to Shonda Rhimes. Follow her on Twitter @itsnotnutmeg and Instagram/Tumblr @abiddybiddybunbun.
Michella is a senior at Williams College, majoring in Political Science. When she's not reading up on political theories, you'll catch Michella singing with her a capella group on campus or helping folks out at the front desk in the science library.