This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

St. Patrick’s Day is the day we all look forward to every year! March 17th is quickly approaching, and that means it is time to break out your inner Irish and get ready to celebrate. While St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated all around the world, nobody does it quite like Waterloo (except for maybe Ireland). And if you can’t make it to Ireland for the day, we are here to tell you why celebrating in Waterloo is the next best option! 1. Community

The community in Waterloo is just the start to what makes St. Patrick’s Day in Waterloo so amazing! With close to 15,000 people coming together every year, the day is filled with happiness and fun! Students, alumni, guests and Waterloo residents all have an amazing time coming together on this fun day!

2. Ezra Avenue

Ezra Avenue is without a doubt the most popular and fun place to be on St. Patrick’s Day. A packed street, with music blasting and dancing all around, is sure to make your St. Patrick’s Day one to remember. Don’t forget to be respectful and careful on the streets, as people do live here, and some do not celebrate!

Photo taken from The Cord. 

3. Irish Train

If you want to get to know the history behind St. Patrick’s Day in Waterloo, the Irish Train is perfect for you! The train takes you for a historic ride through Mennonite country to tell tales of previous St. Patrick’s days! It’s a ride you don’t want to miss!

For more info visit this link!

4. Themed Dining and Wining

With this holiday comes St. Patrick’s Day themed food and drinks. Hit up your local restaurants, bars, or fast food chains for the best themed food and drinks you can get in the city! Whether it’s an Irish beer or a Shamrock Shake, you’re sure to feel Irish on this festive day!

DISCLAIMER: Please remember to be respectful and responsible on this year’s St. Patrick’s Day! If you are of legal age, drink responsibly and have a fun time!

Jaimie Goldstein

Wilfrid Laurier

Hi, my name is Lauren Kohn and I am a second year Communication Studies student at Laurier. I love writing and giving advice to my peers as well as making new relationships!
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.