This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

The most reading any of us will be doing this week is reading the song titles on this playlist.

The greatest week of the school year is upon us, and it’s time for us to stop procrastinating, and start putting together a playlist for Reading Week 2K17. Whether you’re going somewhere hot, going somewhere cold, or going nowhere at all, I’ve put together 17 must-have songs for your 2017 Reading Week playlist.

1. “Temperature” – Sean Paul

Down South has the right temperature to shelter you from the (snow) storm.

2. “iSpy (feat. Lil Yachty)” – KYLE

I’m suggesting this song because I’ve had it on repeat for the past few weeks.

3. “Rum and Red Bull (feat. Fambo)” – Beenie Man

I actually don’t recommend mixing rum and Red Bull, but definitely treat yourself to a rum and coke.

4. “Pursuit of Happiness (Steve Aoki Remix)” – Kid Cudi

Part of the pursuit of happiness is having no schoolwork to worry about, am I right?  

5. “Cold Water (feat. Justin Bieber & MO)” – Major Lazer

Whether you’re in cold water, or cold weather, here’s a song to keep you hot and dancing.

6. “Wasted (feat. Matthew Koma)” – Tiesto

#PuntaCana2k17

7. “Little Bit More” – Jidenna 

We all need a little bit more of Reading Week.

8. “Swimming Pools” – Kendrick Lamar

Whether you’re going away or not, get yourself a swimming pool (or bath tub), fill it with liquor and dive in.

9. “No Problem (feat. 2 Chainz & Lil Wayne)” – Chance The Rapper

I’ve had Chance The Rapper on repeat ever since I got tickets to his concert, so enjoy.

10. “Sun Daze” – Florida Georgia Line

This one’s for the country music lovers, who will be getting their sun daze on.

11. “Catch Me Outside How Bout Dat (#CashMeOutside)” – Remix God Suede & Kyle Edwards

Catch us all outside getting a tan, having a drink, how bout dat!?

12. “Run Up (feat. PARTYNEXTDOOR & Nicki Minaj)” – Major Lazer

This song makes me want to be on a beach.

13. “Take You There” – Sean KingstonIs it even a vacation playlist if you don’t have at least one Sean Kingston song?

14. “Real Chill (feat. Kodak Black)” – Rae Sremmurd

Hoping everyone staying in Canada stays real chill.

15. “Work (feat. Drake)” – Rihanna

The only work we’ll be doing is getting the Wi-Fi at resorts to work.

16. “Sooner or Later” – Aaron Carter

Aaron’s Party 2.0. I’m telling you, this will be the biggest comeback of 2017.

17. “Danza Kuduro” – Don Omar

If you’ve ever been to a tropical place for vacation, you know this song. I don’t know what they’re singing about, but it’s a lit song.

If you like these songs, check out the full Spotify playlist, here. Happy Reading Week, Collegiettes!

I'm a lover of all things pop culture. By pop culture, I mean McDonald's and rap music. Also dogs. I love dogs.
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.