Pout: A New Type of Style Community

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Ever feel like there are too many pictures of other people’s dinners on Instagram? Tired of scrolling through pages and pages of Pinterest to find that one amazing fashion find? Ever wish Instagram and Pinterest could have a fashion baby? Have no fear, Golden Hawks, Pout is here!

Pout is a devoted network of fashionistas that is currently only available for iOS, but the Android version is in the works! Created by Kitchener natives, Laura Smith and Riley Donelson, Pout is a fun, new social network app dedicated to beauty and style lovers. Can you say #ootd?

On Pout, you can post your daily looks and styles and share those posts with fellow style gurus. With this easy-to-use interface, you can be inspired, create and watch YouTube tutorials, find the perfect look for you, and share your looks with fellow Pout-ers. For all you vloggers out there, YouTube videos can be uploaded directly onto the app for all your followers who can interact with you directly on the app.

No more hash tag searching, and being able to upload YouTube videos are self proclaimed ‘Beauty Geek’, Janine Falcon’s favourite features. Create your own personalized searches on Pout to find the perfect outfit for you! No more scrolling through endless fashion nightmares to find that one perfect piece. On Pout, the latest trends in makeup, hair, and outfit ideas are at your fingertips.

You can get for free at the app store to join this selfie-savvy crowd of style aficionados and get your Pout on!

Andreia McLean

Wilfrid Laurier