Party for One: The Top 10 Reasons You Should Be Masturbating

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Let’s face it, we’re all guilty of not touching ourselves enough. Masturbating (especially for women) has always been a taboo subject, and something most people do not like to talk about. But hey, I’m going to tell you why we (as women) should be taking the much needed me time and touching ourselves a whole lot more! Here are my top 10 reasons you should be masturbating.

1. It makes you happier

When you masturbate, your orgasms will release endorphins and oxytocin which are natural highs, and major mood boosters!

2.  You become more comfortable with your body

When you touch yourself, you become aware of what is going on with your body and where things are located – thus making yourself more knowledgeable and comfortable with your body!

3.  It can help you sleep

Since it is releasing tension, your body will lower your blood pressure, as well as release natural chemicals into your body making it your own kind of sleeping pill.

4.  It relieves stress

Exams got you stressing? Take some much needed me time and let your body de-stress itself.

5.  It is healthy

When you masturbate you are able to get your vag to flush out any bacteria that may have been inside, think of masturbating like a much needed cleanse!

6. It can improve your sex life

You know what feels great, and you know how to get there. Passing this info along to your sexual partner can increase the chances of multiple orgasms (and who doesn’t want that?).

7.  It reduces built up sexual tension

Sexual tension can be a distraction sometimes, especially if you aren’t getting that much needed release with a partner. Try things on your own to release the tension.

8. It can be a relationship activity

If you get comfortable with the idea of masturbating, you and your partner can try it out side-by-side, or helping each other. Either way it will be a major turn on, and your sex life will thank you.

9. There are little to no risks

Let’s face it, sex is great, but there are always the risks that come along with it! Luckily with masturbation there is no risk of pregnancy, or transmitted diseases so it’s very safe!

10. It feels AMAZING!!

DUH!! Once you get the trick of it, whether it be with your fingers or your favourite toy – you won’t be disappointed!!

So now you know how normal it is and all the great benefits that masturbating has to offer! Grab your toys, and get busy; you won’t be disappointed!

AJ H

Wilfrid Laurier '19

stay smiling