Meatless Mondays Made Easy: Ginger Mushroom Summer Rolls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Are you still craving a taste of the summer? Whether you’re making these little bundles of joy for yourself, your roommates, or taking them to a potluck, I guarantee they will be a hit! Vegetarian or not, these will fill the bellies of veg lovers and meat eaters alike.

So let’s get started! Below, I have listed everything you need to make this kick-*ss recipe. Feel free to sub out anything you aren’t gaga over and make it your own by adding whatever tickles your fancy! 

Filling:

• 8 ounces of mushrooms (pick your fav!)
  • Minced garlic
  • Soya sauce (as much or as little as you would like)
  • Green onions
  • Minced ginger (again, as much or as little as you would like)
  • Sesame oil (just a splash)
  • Lettuce
  • Cucumber
  • Avocado
  • Shredded carrots
  • Cilantro and/or mint
  • Spring roll rice wrappers

The fun thing about making summer rolls is being able to customize them to your taste buds. The real show stopper here are the ginger mushrooms, so keep reading to learn how to cook them!

Slice the mushrooms into skinny strips and fry them up. Once they start to cook, add the garlic, ginger, soya sauce, green onions and sesame oil. Like stated in the ingredient list, these are all flavours that you can add to your preference. Once all the liquid evaporates, you’re in business! Let them cool before you start building your summer rolls.

In the meantime, cut all your veggies to about the same size as your mushrooms. If you’ve never worked with rice paper before, check out this video to help get you started. Now that you’re an educated pro, add your fillings and start rolling!

A great dipping sauce can be as simple as soy or you can spice it up by mixing in some sriracha.

Enjoy!

Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier University
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem