“Let’s Talk About Sex, Baby”: All Those Moments You Just NEED to Share

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

When it comes to sex, some people feel it’s a taboo subject, something that should stay between their partner and themselves and that’s it. Personally, I believe we should share all of life’s little triumphs and defeats – especially the ones about sex. So that’s just it these are my top sex moments that deserve to be talked about to literally anyone who will listen.

1. Sleeping with a new person

This is always exciting; a new person means new stories, experiences, and an adventure – who knows where it will go but it’s meant to be talked about.

2. Finally had an orgasm

You just had your first orgasm; whether this is in general or with a new fling, this rocks. I’m so happy for you! Scream it for the world to hear (or just send it in your group text). Either way, this is an accomplishment.

3. How long its been since you’ve had sex

“When was the last time you did? Oh god, has it really been 6 months…” – you’re not alone in this struggle. Talk about it with your squad and you will see.

4. Gotta brag about your technique

It’s never to late to teach an old dog new tricks… brag about your technique and spread awareness – chances are if one guy likes it so will a handful of others.

5. Genitals = BRAGWORTHY

You can’t be amazed every time someone takes their pants off, so when it happens, brag about it.

6. Texting just to say ‘we did it’

Sometimes you just need to spread the joy and inform the squad because we all know they’re dying to know.

7. STD

Well this sucks, but it happens. It’s good to talk about it because chances are someone in your friend group has had one – it’s good to have support even if it’s just waiting in the doctor’s office to see what’s next.

8. Anything embarrassing or awkward

Sorry not sorry, but anything that will make others laugh is a no-brainer; you just have to share it.

9. Paranoia of pregnancy

Even sometimes when you’re not having sex and your period comes late, the pregnancy paranoia sets in (yes, even though it’s illogical), but let’s face it, most of us have been in this position before and it’s always great to have someone to talk some sense into you, or sit in your bed helping make a plan.

10. Long-term relationship sex

Okay, maybe your friends are sick and tired of hearing about how you and your boyfriend do EVERYTHING together. But the fact is you probably have the most constant sex – plus you can always try new things without that fear of rejection, and that, my friend, is something to be proud of, so yes, brag a little.

11. Do you do this thing too?

We all have those weird habits and turn ons– like the first time someone ever bit your ear sexually… tell me you thought it was kind of weird but strangely amazing. It’s good to talk about these kinds of things because without talking about it you don’t realize how normal it really is.

12. Thoughts vs. reality

Have you ever had really high expectations of how someone will be in bed because of 1. the number of people they’ve slept with, or 2. the amount of stories you’ve heard about there sex life, only to be completely let down from the sheer overall below average reality of what actually happened? It happens to the best of us, but it’s definitely something the squad will want to know and it may even be your obligation to tell them. 

13. Has your body ever done this?

We’ve all had our fair share of wtf is happening with my body moments while having sex. Like that awkward moment when you randomly have to pee/poo during sex… yes, this is normal… yes, other people have this… and yes, it’s awkward as f*ck

14. Thinking about trying something new

Ooo, spicing things up are we? I like it! Chances are one of your friends have contemplated the same activity, or even done it, so talk about it. Who knows, you might even gain a couple of tips and tricks to make the experience even better.

15. Unconventional turn-ons

So that guy you hooked up with really loves feet… okay, maybe it’s not the most conventional – I’m not one to judge, but I will for sure be letting my ladies know.

Remember, when someone chooses to share these moments with you, the number one rule is don’t judge; as long as they had consensual sex – that should be good enough for you! Be open, have fun, laugh, and cry about it – sex is meant to be talked about so f*ck it, scream it from the rooftops. 

AJ H

Wilfrid Laurier '19

stay smiling
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem