Goodbye Exams, Hello Celebrations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Your papers are submitted, exams are done, room packed up, and pure joy for finishing another year of classes. But now what? You deserve some celebrating! Hopefully you have a couple days off to enjoy before you begin at your summer job, so don’t waste them! Try our awesome ideas for starting off your summer right!

Rooftop Patios

Rays of sunshine and delicious drinks, need we say more? That time is upon us, the warm weather is back and you can throw on that super cute outfit and go out for lunch or just some delicious sangria at your favourite restaurant with a roof top patio!

Picnic in the Park

We know you have been staring out your window from your desk, at the beautiful weather and counting down the days until you can enjoy it. And now you can! Pack up a little picnic basket and a blanket; bring a Frisbee and a football and head to the park for some fun in the sunshine!

Try It

Do that thing you have been itching to do but never have time for it.

Whether that’s learning guitar, painting your room, baking that cool new recipe or taking a kickboxing class. You have some time, so why wait any longer? GO FOR IT!

Spontaneous Road Trip

Grab the car, pack some clothes and snacks, make an awesome playlist for a road trip, and head out on an adventure! These trips are the best kind of memories; go for a drive, arrive at a random hotel for the night or hit up your girlfriend’s cottage. You can even go to a town you have never heard of and live like the locals for the night! Live it up because you survived one heck of a year! 

Nap & Sleep In

Need we say anymore? There has been too many nights that you haven’t seen your bed. From the late night cramming in the library to the 8:30am exams, you missed out on some serious z’s. Time for some guilt free catch up and all the naps you can ever dream of!

Binge Watch Netflix

Start a new show and end that show in the same week, we won’t judge you! There are new shows constantly being added, so find one that is interesting, grab your favourite snacks and your blanket, and curl up.

Spa Day

This can come in many different ways but our favourite would be most definitely getting a mani-pedi. Grab a fun, bright colour for summer and take the time to relax while you are being pampered. All that stress is gone.

Congratulations on finishing, Golden Hawks! You made it, and now it’s time for some celebrations, adventures and summer sunshine!

You can typically find katy cuddled up with her favourite blankie, under the twinkle lights, drinking some peppermint tea and listening to Ben Howard. She spends her evenings switching between gushing over wedding videos and catching up on some Gilmore Girls. She loves her little nephew, everything knit, & all things with sparkles. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier.
Chelsea Birtch

Wilfrid Laurier

Chelsea is one of the Campus Correspondent's for the HC WLU chapter! She has a passion for writing and is an avid reader who aspires to be an elementary school teacher. As well as being involved with Her Campus, she is also a sister of the Iota Theta chapter of Alpha Phi.