Campus Cutie: Alex Pinheiro

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.
We’ve heard rumours that the Laurier pool has experienced a significant increase in collegiettes this year, and we’re convinced that our Campus Cutie is to blame. Alex Pinheiro serves as a Lifeguard at the Laurier Athletic Complex, VP of Finance for the Boxing Club and Internal VP of Laurier’s Social Innovation Project. This cutie isn’t just a pretty face! Want to learn more? Read on ladies, read on. 

Name: Alex Pinheiro
Program/Facutly: 3rd Year BBA
Year of Graduation: 2016
Hometown: Mississauga
Relationship Status: Single

A couple of words to describe yourself: Super smart, super funny, and humble.
One interesting fact about yourself: I was born in Portugal.
Guilty pleasure: Late night taco bell runs.

Open your iPod, what’s the last song you played? 
Break from Toronto- PartyNextDoor
Thinking Out Loud- Ed Sheeran (my track)
The Recipe- Kendrick Lamar ft. Dr. Dre

Breakfast, lunch or dinner? 
Lunch is essentially breakfast for this guy. I wake up pretty late.

Homecoming or St. Patty’s Day? 
Homecoming! The school spirit is too real!

What are your hobbies?
Playing video games and staying in shape. Also, reading stuff like National Geographic.

What’s one thing you can’t live without? 
I definitely can’t live without my iPod. I’ve had it since grade 10 and use it daily.

Where have you always wanted to visit in Kitchener/Waterloo? 
I’ve always wanted to check out Adventure Rooms Canada in Kitchener. It’s a real life “Escape the Room” game!

If money didn’t matter and you could have any job, what would it be?  
Travel the world, and film a tv show exploring exotic places and trying foreign foods!

What was your worst date?
I’ve never been on a bad date before; there have never been any crazies, haha. The worst that can happen is you meet someone new and waste a few hours doing so. But, sometimes it just doesn’t work.

What is one of your favourite quotes? 
“Champions aren’t made in gyms, champions are made from something they have deep inside of them – a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”
– Muhammad Ali

It’s been confirmed ladies! His personality is 100% as charming as his smile. So the next time you see this cutie at the pool, shoot him your brightest smile and watch your step, we don’t want you falling into the deep end.
Chasya Dove

Wilfrid Laurier

English and Communications student at Wilfrid Laurier University with a passion for my city. Discovering Waterloo, ON has become my hobby from music festivals, arts shows, local restaurants and hidden coffee spots this place has got it all! With my passion for photography I strive to capture the moment, while learning that sometimes it's best to just let things be.
Andreia McLean

Wilfrid Laurier